Chapter One

Just so everyone know's me and Lovelygirl9090 are writing this story together :) Hope you like it <3

Noelle Armstrong

I stood by my locker with my head inside as I saw “The Populars” stroll down the hallway without a care in the world.

I sighed. Once they were gone, my eyes trailed to the intertwined hands of Parker and Aubrey. Before I looked away, I saw Parker look back at me and then look away quickly.

“Noelle... you need to let go of Parker. He’s not the same guy he was before....” Grace trailed off. I closed my locker and leaned against while looking at her. I knew she was right. Parker and I were the best of friends. We met at the jungle gym about 11 years ago and we’ve been inseparable ever since. Until the summer before High School. That was the worst Summer of my life.

Parker went to Italy with his family and we tried to stay in contact but it didn’t work. When he came back, he was completely different. His skin had cleared up, his abs were more defined and he had a growth spurt of 6 inches.

Once high school started, I tried to be understandable to Parker and the things that he was a part of... but... Once Aubrey started making fun of me and he contributed to the name calling, that was it for me.

How could I be friends with someone who treated their best friend so badly? I’ve spent the last four years of high school hating that I still love him. I unconditionally love him with every part of my being.

I looked at “The Populars” again and saw Parker and Aubrey embrace in a kiss. A tear went down my eye as I looked away.

“Ugh! It’s only the first day of school and they’re already slobbering over each other? That is just nasty!” Grace said. I ignored it. I thought about the many different ways that this should’ve played out. Parker should be kissing me! Not her! The bell rang and it was time for class. We both headed our separate ways for Homeroom.

When I got to homeroom, I saw Parker. He looked at me and then started laughing with all the other fellow jocks. I looked at him while he was staring at me with hope in my eyes that something would be different but no such luck. I sat in my normal spot in the front and opened my books.

“Hello class, sorry I’m late, my name is Ms. Mancini. Mr. Gilliam is not going to be your homeroom teacher until he comes back from Laguna in a few weeks.” She said. “So I’m gonna be handing out your schedules-” She looked up at the seats and saw Parker sitting on top of one of the desks.

“Excuse me, uh...” She looked down at the list. “My name is Parker.” He said smirking. All of his friends got hyped up, giving each other high fives. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. “Well Parker, I do believe that the point of desks weren’t to sit on top of them. So I do believe that you need to sit in your desk. Understand?” She said smiling.

He gulped and then sat in the desk. “Excuse me Parker, I do believe I see your seat is right here.” She pointed to the desk that was on the right side of me.

“What!” I screamed. Everyone looked at me including Parker. “Is there an issue Ms. Armstrong?” She asked me. I murmured “no.” She looked back at Parker. “Take your seat please so I can continue my lesson.” Parker grabbed his bag and walked up sitting in the seat next to mine. I avoided eye contact through the whole period.

Parker Auclaire

I leaned back in my seat and folded my arms back. I looked around the classroom until Noelle caught my attention. I watched her closely. I watched the way she pushed up her glasses every few minutes. The way she moved her hair over her shoulder. She was beautiful.