Harry heard another beep from his phone, signalling that he got a text. He doesn't reach out for it, knowing that it was Nick.

If you don't look it now, it'll just stay there.

The boy listens to the voice in his head and grabs his phone. He is surprised to see a text from not Nick, but from an unknown number.

Unknown: hi, Harry :) it's me, Louis. I don't know if you remember me but we met at the party?

Harry stares the text confused. Why would Louis text him? Where he got his number? Was he a stalker?

He saves the number to his contacts before he texts back.

Harry: hi, yeah, I remember. Um, where did you get my number?

Louis: Niall gave it to me

Harry: oh okay...

Harry furrows his eyebrows, still confused as ever. Why did Louis ask for his number or did Niall just offer it?

Who would voluntarily ask for your number?

Louis: oh shit sorry, I should probably tell you why I texted in the first place

Louis: do you wanna hang out? It's okay if you don't, but yeah.. do you?

This had to be a joke. No way Louis would ask him to hang out with him. Not after he had seen the boy crying.

Harry: is this a joke?

Harry types back with a frown. It wasn't nice to make people feel hopeful about something like this. Bad with people or not, it was an unsaid rule to not mess up with others emotions. It was just as bad as physical abuse.

Louis: what? No, why would it be?

His lying, of course, it's a joke

Harry: because you don't know me

Louis: that's why I want to get to know you x

Harry: why? Did Niall put you up to this?

Louis: again, no? I genuinely want to get to know you. If you don't want to I understand

What should he do? Should he just go for it and see if the boy was genuine? What did he have to loose? If Louis was just playing with his emotions, then he'd find out right away. And if he was really genuine, Harry would get a new friend. So basically it was a win-win situation.

Harry: okay, um... where do you want to meet?

The boy types and sends nervously.

Louis: you want to see me? We could hang out somewhere inside. I'd rather not get wet 💦

Harry: do you have a place in mind?

Louis: well if you don't want to come to mine or for me to come to yours, we could always meet at a coffee shop or something? 🤔

Harry: I don't like public places.. too much crowd

Louis: okay, would you be more comfortable to come to mine?

That was a tough question. If they came to Harry's, it was like he'd let Louis close- maybe closer than he'd want to. But if they would hang out by Louis', it'd be harder to leave since he didn't know where the boy lives.

Both places had their pros and cons, but in the end, Harry trusted more to invite Louis to his house. He knew the place inside out and Niall lived close if he needed him.