Ch. 6

Kats POV

Me and Niall have been talking for quite some time now. He's honestly really sweet..

"Kat, do you still love Jake?" He asked.

"Of course I do Niall. He was my first love. And when you fall in love for the first time, that love remains with you forever. No matter how much you might want to get over that love, it's always there."

"What does love feel like?" He asked.

"You've never been in love?" I asked, shocked.

"Nope. Never." He chuckled. "I haven't found my princess yet I guess."

"Well love is where you get butterflies in your tummy every time you see that special person. Or when you're talking to them, you're always afraid that you'll say the wrong thing. You want to see that special person every second of the day... You.. You can't get enough of them. Every feature they have is absolutely perfect to you. Everything they do or say is perfect to you. For me, when I was in love with Jake.. I wanted to be in his arms forever. If he held me, I didn't want him to let go. When I was in love, I craved his touch. His kiss. Our relationship first started when if was 2 grades younger than him. We texted a lot. And soon we fell for each other. I never wanted to quit talking to him. Ever. And then we met a couple of times, and became a couple. Months later, he made me feel the same way. And that's when I knew I loved him. And I still do. He was my first love. And that love will always stay, no matter how hard I try to get rid of it, it'll always be there. And maybe one day I'll love someone else even more than I loved Jake.." I whispered, a few tears falling.

"Don't cry love." Niall said.

"I can't help it.. Sometimes you just have to cry.." I laughed slightly.

"I'm sorry love." He whispered.

"There's nothing to be sorry about. Everyone cries."

"I know. I just hate seeing you cry."

"Niall, we'll always be friends right?" I asked.

"O-of course.." He said, sounding sad.

"Maybe one day more.." I whispered, hoping he wouldn't hear me.

"Maybe.." He whispered back. I looked up to him.

"You heard me?"

"I've got great hearing." He smiled.

"But maybe.. Just maybe one day we will be more than friends. I certainly hope so." He whispered the last part. I could barely hear him.

"I do too." I smiled. He looked down at me and smiled.

"You're so weird." He laughed.

"I'm just replying to what you say. I don't know how that makes me weird!" I laughed.

"It's a good thing that you're weird, if you weren't I probably would think you're boring." He admitted.

"That's good to know." I laughed..

"Niall. Can I ask a question?"

"Of course."

I hesitated for a moment. But finally got the guts to ask. "Kiss me?" I whispered.

He looked me in the eyes. "Kat.. I don't think that'd be a good idea, I don't want to rush into anything." He whispered.

"I know but... Just one kiss.? One from someone that I know he truly likes me and he would respect me.. Just one?" I asked.

I wanted to feel like someone actually cared.. Like someone was kissing me because they truly liked me.. Not for sex.. And that's all I got from Jake.. Just one..

"Kat.. I don't want to rush anything.. I-" but I cut him off by kissing him. He didn't kiss back for a minute, but when he started to, butterflies filled my stomach, fireworks went off, everything felt perfect. We were both in an uncomfortable position so he put me on his lap, my arms wrapped around his neck and legs wrapped around his waist. This wasn't a hot make out session. It was a beautiful sweet soft kiss. And I loved it.. The feeling of being wanted.. Of love.. Not sex craves. This felt right. Not wrong in any way.. Just perfectly right.

He pulled away and rested his forehead on mine. "We shouldn't have done that." He whispered.

"I don't care Niall. It felt right." I whispered back.

"It did indeed.. But it was still wrong in many ways."

"Not to me." I said, before climbing off.

"Goodnight Niall." I whispered, smiling to myself, as I closed my eyes.

"Goodnight Kat." He laughed. Probably because it wasn't even close to night time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry guys! This is a short chapter, but I was told to get in bed early.-. We have to get up early tomorrow): poo.! I'll update more tomorrow though!! :) goodnight everyone! :)