2

Frank let out a large exhale as he wrapped the small note around the stem of the last peony from the bouquet sitting in front of him. His right hand ached slightly from nonstop writing and tying sentimental notes around the stems of about twenty peonies, but in the long run, he knew any amount of pain would have been worth all this. As he placed the peony carefully back into its place, Frank pulled his hand back and gently massaged it as he looked at the work of art he had finally finished after one hour and a half. He glanced down at the different colored pens splayed all over his desk, the scraps of cut up paper and the silver scissors that went to marvelous use despite his hatred for the object - long story short, he was traumatized by hearing the story of the boy in kindergarten who accidentally cut off his own finger while playing with scissors.

He checked for flaws in his work, such as hanging tags or if the display looked unorganized. He made the final touch of tying the pink gossamer ribbon around the bouquet already wrapped in pastel blue wrapping paper, making a little bow with the delicate string and tightening it. With this final touch, the bouquet was now ready to be handed over to the person it was made for. And Frank prayed to whatever was out there that they would love this gesture, that they would accept it and not brush it off.

After stealing peonies from the flower company warehouse, Frank went out and bought the thinnest colored paper he could find, ribbon, gel pens, and scissors. He was so excited to craft this project that he trembled all the way home, even if nerves were brought into the mix. As soon as he got home, he began cutting up paper and refrigerating the flowers first so they wouldn't wilt while he worked. Despite his rather drastic fear of scissors, he kept in his mind who this was for, swallowed down the lump in his throat, and hacked away with the scissors despite his mind screaming at him to not be a dumb ass and cut his own fingers off.

For the love of his life - he was certainly sure he would never love anyone who wasn't Gerard Way - Frank wrote little love notes on each piece of paper he cut, all made to be wrapped around the stem of every single peony he collected. They all said something different, pouring Frank's feelings out into the open and thoroughly exposing them as he planned for them. He wrote each sentiment in a different color pen, signing each one off with a tiny black heart. Frank was deeply aware that this was the cheesiest thing he had ever done for anyone and there was a slight possibility that Gerard might laugh at him, but he was willing to risk that for his love.

His heart was soaring now that his project was finally finished. In the center of the bouquet was a single red rose, the velvety petals spread out for all to see. There was one note wrapped around it that held the most important words, the three words Frank was too afraid to ever say out loud in fear that his heart would be broken. Today he realized that even if Gerard broke his heart, even if this entire hour was just a waste of time, nothing would ever be a better experience than having the privilege to fall in love with Gerard. Frank never would have known was love was if he hadn't met Gerard.

He checked the clock quickly to see how much of the day passed by already. It was Valentine's Day and the night was already making its way over New Jersey seeing as the sun was setting - six o'clock said the ticking clock on the wall in Frank's kitchen. That gave Frank an entire hour to finish the rest of his plan and hopefully not die from nervousness while he was at it.

He did stop by at the flower shop in the morning to drop off flowers as usual, and seeing Gerard always made his heart flutter, but he couldn't help but notice the sadness glazing over Gerard's irises when Frank had to leave. Taking another risk, Frank kissed Gerard's hand quickly and smiled at him before racing to his van again. He wondered why Gerard looked that way when he left, but hopefully he would cheer up once Frank gave him his surprise. Luckily he retrieved Gerard's number as well, he passed it off with the excuse that it was for "business." It was in fact for tonight.