Chapter 14

It was only a few hours since Kenta's death. You were currently in your room quietly sobbing into a pillow . Your family had tried to comfort you as best as they could but you ended up locking everyone out of your room refusing to answer to their pleas to come out.

"Kenta...only just got back..." you shakily inhaled. "Why did this happen...?" Suddenly you hear a buzz from your nightstand. You looked up to see your phone lighting up. You scowled at the device before going back to your mourning. Then your phone buzzed again...and again...and again until you couldn't take it anymore and decided to shut it off. You were about to shut off your phone but you stopped yourself upon seeing who the notifications were from. The messages were all coming from your social media account all from the same person.

Knight_in_shining_armor.

Your hands shook as you unlocked your phone. Upon opening your phone you were immediately greeted by messages that sent chills down your spine.

Knight:(Y/N)...why do you force me to do these terrible things?

Knight:(Y/N) I know you're there so answer me.

Knight:(Y/N)...

Knight:STOP IGNORING ME DAMMIT!! I KNOW YOU'RE THERE! STOP CRYING OVER THAT DAMN IDIOT AND PAY ATTENTION TO ME! HE'S DEAD SO GET OVER IT! THE ONLY PERSON THAT DESERVES YOUR ATTENTION IS ME SO ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW OR I WILL MAKE SURE ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR PRECIOUS FRIENDS ENDS UP LIKE KENTA!!!

You immediately froze at the last message. You shakily typed back.

(Username):What do you want...? You've made my life miserable for the past few weeks. I hate you. I just want you to leave me alone...

Knight:You know I'll never do that. But don't worry the bad part it almost over. Soon you and I will be happy and together forever!

(Username):What do you mean...?

Knight:Once I get rid of all the distractions we can be happy. I've already killed all of your mean bullies for you! And that Kenta was a distraction as well...and an annoying one at that. Now all that's left is Yukito! Then we'll be able to live our wonderful love story! I promise it'll be just like a fairy tale. You'll be the beautiful princess and I'll be your beloved prince!

You froze as rage suddenly engulfed you.

(Username): DON'T YOU DARE LAY A FINGER ON YUKITO! HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO DESERVE THIS!!

There was a short pause that only increased the tension of the situation.

Knight:Hehe. You see that's where you're wrong my dear. He stole you from me. He stole your attention from me the first day we met. He constantly had his arm around you or holding your hand and that is only meant for me to do. And don't forget how he cuddled with you while you were caring for him!

Realization suddenly hit you. You finally figured out who this insane killer was. But before you could confront him about it you got another message.

Knight:Well I have to go now! I'll be back in a bit to come and get you. Just be patient my love!

(Username):Kaede don't do this!

Knight:So you finally figured out who I was? Aww I wanted to surprise you! Oh well. I guess that's fine. I'll pick you up in a bit so just sit tight! I love you. Goodbye.

You immediately threw down your phone and dashed out of your room. You bolted to your front door ignoring your families distressed calls and raced to the Goto family home. You ran up to the front door and violently tried to push the door open. To your dismay the door was locked. You looked around frantically for a way inside until you saw a large rock near the porch steps. You quickly picked it up and slammed it into the window of the living room. Glass shattered everywhere as you repeated the process frantically. The window was almost completely shattered when you threw the rock behind you and crawled through into the house. You landed in the living room breathing heavily as you ignored the cuts you had all over your body from the broken glass. You looked around to see blood painted walls. The coffee table was flipped and the television screen was shattered. You slowly stepped forward to see Kaede's parents on the ground stabbed to death. Tears filled your eyes but you shook your head. Right now your top priority was Yukito. You sprinted up the steps and to the twins bedroom.

"Kaede..." a choked voice called out.

Yukito!

"Please... stop...we can talk this out..." The strangled voice pleaded. A dark chuckle followed.

"Oh Yukito!" A childish voice replied. "We aren't children anymore. We don't just say we're for something and everything is sunshine and rainbows. You should have never taken what's mine in the first place. And if I let you live...then I know you'll do it again." You heard a whimper and you threw the door open to see a sight that made you want to throw up.

Yukito was cowering by the wall covered in blood. A slash went right over one of his eyes and was gushing out blood. He had many wounds across his body and his shirt had a stain of blood flowing from underneath it. Yukito looked over to you with his one good eye wide.

"(Y/N)...r-run..." He choked out. Your legs didn't seem to work as you looked over to Kaede. He was also covered in blood. His family's blood. He was tightly gripping a blood stained knife as he stared r you with an angry expression. He narrowed his eyes before opening his mouth to let out a low growl.

"I thought I told you to wait for me...Don't you know that princesses shouldn't try to be the ones to try and save the day?"