Chapter 1

I was always that little girl who's dreams shot higher than the stars.  Ever since I can remember, my dream has been to become a famous singer.  Music is in my blood.  It is something my grandfather and I had shared since I was a baby.  When he pasted, my heart was broken, and I had made the decision to put my dream to rest and focus on becoming a successful person all around.

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Ten years after his death, it was time for a change.  My family and I decided to move from the house filled with memories of him.  The pain of his death had lingered within the walls of that house.  We couldn't handle it for any longer.  So we moved to New York City, a city where music thrives and aspiring musicians were seen at every street intersection.  Adjusting to this move, was much harder than I had thought it would have been.  See, I was always an outgoing person, but about half of the time, I can be shy and inverted.  I don't usually let people know what I am feeling or if I am upset.  In my perspective, I like to appear strong.

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  After living in the Big Apple for about three months now, the new school year had crept up.  It was my junior year of High School, and I was more nervous than I have ever been.  The tabloids had always made me think of the city as rich snobs and just hopeless dreamers.  

  Walking through the doors of Manhattanville High School, was as if I walked into a whole different world.  Outside, the city was busy and bustling with noise.  But in this school, it was calm.  All you could hear were the low voices of students.  This was nothing like outisde.  It was... normal....

  I had received my locker number with the combination, and schedule in the office before first period.  As i walked into my first period class, which was AP History, I felt all eyes on me.  My face had turned beet red.  Walking past the rows of glaring people, I could feel my face burning even hotter red.