"Just what things are they likely to say?" Ari asks innocently enough.

"If it were any one other than Grey, that he was keeping you up at night, all night." Taren says dryly. Although that would be closer to the truth than people would give credit.

"But since it's Grey, they'll probably say that he's being cruel to you or that you have been a slow learner on his rebuffs and have been staying up at night trying to figure out how to get him into bed with you."

"Enough Taren, you're going to give her ideas that she doesn't need." Grey says as he sees the unholy light enter Ari's eyes.

"Things are set up so Jeshua will return here for the night. But I'm a little worried about Alexis. She's not saying anything but I can't help but feel that there's something she's not telling us about the servants." Grey says pensively.

"She's still not too sure about us. Remember she hasn't known us for long and her former employer...well she'll tell Jeshua." Ari says positively. Alexis trusts Jeshua she can see that and it's done wonders for the girl to know that someone cares enough to protect her. Just like it had for her.

With that they break for dinner and return to Anna's apartment. Ari doesn't feel hungry but knows that she needs food to help her make it another two days. Two precious days.

At dinner they keep things light until after the food had been consumed and the wine drunk. They were feeling fairly mellow when Jaylen breaks the relaxed mood.

"I think I know how to take out the enemy with Ari's sacrifice." Not even she wants to say death, but they all knew what she means. "And why it has to be Grey that kills her." She moves over to Grey at the window seat.

Grey is far more tense than he usually is when watching the lights. But Jaylen's words remind him of a duty he's dreading more than any other he's ever had. Now he wishes he hadn't eaten so well.

"Grey, let me see your sword." Jaylen demands, but in a voice softened by compassion. If she doesn't get this right several lives will be destroyed and her nephew's soul damned.

Grey unhesitating hands her his sword. Perhaps she means to end his torment and kill him. But no, that would be the easy way and like Ari, Jaylen doesn't do easy.

Jaylen looks at the sword. "This sword has taken the lives of many;  some good, some not so good." She looks at Grey then motions for him to join the others as she moves back to the formal sitting area.

Grey sits on the arm of the couch next to Ari. They both look at Jaylen, as do Anna and Taren. "I'm going to put a geas on the sword, Grey. One that when you next draw it it will take Ari's life. I will also put a curse on it. The curse fueled by blood and death magic will kill all enemies to Healthhome generally and Anna specifically. It will be effective as soon as the sword penetrates her heart."

Ari and Grey hold each other's hands, clinging for dear life. Jaylen isn't finished though. "Once he has done so, Taren your job will be to take Grey into custody and get all weapons away from him. Keep guards posted, not to keep him in, but to keep people out." Jaylen looks sadly at her nephew. She knows that he won't even try to escape.

"She is young, so her body won't turn to dust. Anna it will be your duty as well as mine to prepare her body for a state burial. Hurry her up here so that we can honor her properly. Allow no one else but her maid access. She will need to bring us clothing for an honorable burial.

"I want you to keep the sapphire necklace your mother gave you." Ari says turning to Grey.

"No, I gave that to you." Grey says vehemently. "You are my wife."