Chapter Thirty-Six

Start from the beginning

“That too,” I growled.

“I could stop doing this…” Her hand reached down…

My chest rumbled with my growing desire picking her up by the hips tossing her onto her back pressing my body against hers as she giggled.

“I hope you don’t mind being late for work,” I said and she just smirks at me as I take her once more.

*

*

I couldn’t help the smile on my face when I arrived at the newly completed office building. There is no more construction machinery and the parking lot is fresh with brand new pavement and it smelt of tar still.

At the entrance I could see all the activity from furniture, decorations, office equipment and the like being moved in. Soon I would have to go shopping (ugh) for my own office. I always put that off until I had to. Maybe I would take Sonja…

I walked inside and smiled at all the new and completed work. The beach theme Sonja came up with suited the building well and flowed nicely. It wasn’t too feminine or masculine, it is perfect.

Kyle stood in the reception area seemingly directing traffic. When he noticed I arrived he blurted out. “You’re late.”

“I know,” I sat my shoulder bag down on the table he stood at and waited. Kyle looked up at me doing a double take studying my face. Then he let out a sigh of relief.

“Thank god.”

“What?” I asked innocently.

“You might as well have come in singing ‘zipp-a-dee-doo-dah-zipp-a-dee-eh’ and click your heels together, it’s so obvious you two made up, didn’t you?” he accused rather than asked.

I chuckled. “Yes we did.”

“I don’t want to know details. But thank god, I was worried about you,” he shook his head being over dramatic about the situation.

I just continued to smile. “So what is on the schedule for today?” I asked looking at what he had laid out on the table. I am only scheduled in the office now for Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays.

“Vera, Jennifer and Mike are moving things in. It’s really starting to look like an office now,” Kyle said looking around proudly. “I have a few interviews set up for you to do…”

“Why do I always have to do the interviews?”

“You’re the psychologist you can read people better. I just hand out the drugs,” Kyle smirked at me.

“You can read me,” I hollered at him as he walked off to yell at some random person who banged a desk into a wall or it sounded like.

“Only you,” he called back. I chuckled looking at his schedule for the day. I found the resumes and applications for the interviews he had scheduled.

There are three interviews this morning for the second therapist position we had open. All of them were well qualified and around our age. I liked that. Early thirties are young for the level we were at in our profession though Kyle is slightly older. It did help with the younger patients to feel comfortable with us instead of some stuffy aging half asleep, as some older therapists seemed to be. The profession does take a toll sometimes.

“Wipe that damn smile off your face for the interviews please,” Kyle grunted at me passing by as I settled in for the day. I just laughed and kept going over the resumes.

Not even his annoyance with my very much improved mood after this last week could bother me. Besides, I knew he is just relieved. He’s never seen me this happy in a relationship before.