A soft gasp reminds him about Ari but it's too late. She evades him and runs out into the hall. She doesn't know where she's going, her outings have been rather limited, but she runs heedlessly through the halls that are strangely silent.

Grey catches her and takes her to a window seat not too far away. "It's okay to cry if you wish Ari, but they died protecting us both. And I think one of them will live."

Even to his own ears his words sound lame. "I should never have come here." Is all Ari says.

"Then I would be dead as would all the people in this castle. You are the only one that can stop that. Knowing that my men would gladly give their lives as would I to protect yours."

"You don't really mean that Grey. You might in time, but you don't now..." Grey covers her mouth with his hand and says a simple spell.

"When I remove my hand don't say a thing and don't move. If you move you'll break the spell and they will be able to see you." He didn't ask for it but Ari nods her head once in acknowledgement.

The four men that Grey heard running come into view. "Dammit. I know I saw them both coming this way. There are no other common areas on this floor." One of the men says.

"Quiet you idiot. The girl will be easy enough to kill but Captain Grey will take all of us to bring down." Grey doesn't like what he's hearing and can only hope that Ari stays silent and still.

Grey releases a spell and two of the men are stuck. Grey holds his sword in one hand and throws a knife with the other. He aimed for the heart of the man but hit his throat instead. Grey shrugs, dead is dead but makes a note to practice throwing if he gets a chance.

The last man is the one that made the remark about needing four to kill him and that Ari would be easy to take down. He looks about nervously and only sees Grey when he moves. "Four to one odds huh? I must be slipping. But you really should think twice about how easy it will be to kill Lady Ariele. She's killed more people than you can imagine." Grey prays that Ari will forgive him for that.

The man sneers but Grey has learned a few things from Ari and can tell that it's all false bravado although he hides it well. "Well if it isn't the good captain."

"Well it's a small enough advantage but you know who I am, but I have no idea who you are." And to tell the truth Grey doesn't care. He's faced killers before and this is one through and through.

"I'm the one that is going to kill you." The man replies.

"Yep, I've heard that before. Perhaps you'll have better luck than your peers. But then again maybe not." Grey's blase attitude and words work like a charm and the man comes rushing him.

Grey has to give him his due, the man is a far more competent swordsman than he had thought and he has to work to keep the blade away from his face and heart. Grey starts to sweat a little since he isn't wearing his armor and Ari's life depends on him staying alive.

"Captain duck!" Grey ducks immediately and a knife goes sailing where his head had been and sinks deep into the heart of the man he'd been fighting.

"Jeshua impeccable timing as always." Grey says getting up off the floor.

Jeshua saunters in and starts looking for Lady Ariele. "Where's Lady Ariele? Is she safe?"

"Yes, she's safe for now. Take these men down to the dungeon and have someone clean up this mess. Then come back to my I mean Lady Ariele's room, I have some things to discuss with you. I had intended on interrogating the prisoners today, but it looks like more keep wanting to join the party. What about my cousin and her guards?"

"The Lady Anna and her guards are fine. They weren't attacked but I've doubled the guard for her. She will be fine." Jeshua says taking hold of the two men still alive. Once Jeshua has them in hand Grey releases the spell to Jeshua's control. He leads them off towards the dungeon.

Once he's sure that they are alone he returns to the window seat and holds out his hand. "It's safe now Ari." Ariele gives him her hand and he frowns to note the shaking in it and is confused at the fact the spell didn't break when she moved.

"We don't have to return to the room, we could go somewhere else if you wish." Normally he'd take her to Anna's room but it's too soon and he can't go there yet.

"Can we go see the fountain?" Ari asks hesitantly, still very frightened of the events of this day.

"Yes, if you wish, but in a minute. Tell me Ariele, are you afraid of me now?" He dreads her answer.

The spell wavers and he sees her expression is confused, "How do you mean?"

"I mean all this." His gesture indicates the dead men lying not far from them and the guards that had protected them earlier.

"No, why would this make me afraid of you? You're a soldier trained to kill. I know that. I told you about my father."

"If I'm not what's making you shake than what is?" Grey asks with great patience. He isn't getting annoyed or impatient with her like he normally would.

"It's just how did they find us so quickly and where is everyone? Something's going on Grey and it's starting to scare me." Grey hadn't even thought about the lack of foot traffic. But she is right there should be at least servants going about their duties for the day.

Grey will deal with it later right now he has a lovely lady at his side wanting to see his favorite spot. He makes a cloak to match her dress and offers her his arm. "Won't you get cold Grey?" Grey just smiles and shakes his head.