CHAPTER 4- NO WAY!

Start from the beginning

"Okay, so Fabiana you go with Barber and Peralejo with Delavin." he closed his class roll when Peralejo stomped her foot and stood up. "Sir! There is no way I will be working with that geek!" she blurted, pointing a finger at me.

"As if I want to work with you." I said under my breath.

"Ms. Peralejo, I said I will be choosing you pair. So if you don't want to work with her, that leaves me with failing you both," he said, his back turned back from us.

Now it was my turn to stand up. "No way! Professor there is no way..."

"No, I will have anyone but her." Her finger pointing at me was shaking

"I'll switch partners then." Barber stood from her seat as he spoke. Heaven smiled at him after his declaration.

"Yes, I'll work with Edward." She clapped her hand to her chest in delight.

"I'll work with Delavin, Professor." My mouth opened up wide. Heaven stared at him, mouth open, eyes wide and her hands falling to her side. Professor James faced us all and studied Barber's face. The whole class was still and silent.

No, no, no way, please, no! I chanted inside my head. I never was a coward but having to deal with him after all this confusion, I think I don't want to face it yet. I can't face him yet. It wouldn't be the same as before where we throw nasty looks and biting remarks at each other. Please, no, not now.

I stared at Professor and my body went rigid as I saw him shrug and nod his head. "Very well, Edward. Switch partners with Ms. Peralejo."

I turned my head and saw him picking up his bag. "Edward!" said Heaven as she grabbed his upper arm to stop him.

"Let me go, Heaven. You don't want to pair up with her so I have to do something."

"You could have paired up with me instead!" she was in despair.

"You said anyone but Kisses," I suck in so much breath at the mention of my name. I hope no one noticed but I can see Marco and Maria staring at me. The color drained from my face. "Go with Fabiana." I felt Maria pick up her backpack and walk towards them.

"Edward!" Heaven tried to argue again.

"Deal with it Peralejo." Maria said to her as she reached them. She nodded at Barber and took his place.

Barber walked towards me as he looked at me straight in the eyes. I looked away and placed my things back in my bag. No, don't talk to me, I thought. I felt him sit beside me and I freezed.

"Kisses."

"Stop calling me that."

"Can we talk after class?"

"No."

"Just a few minutes please?" Wow, Barber saying Please? That was a first.

"No, I'm leaving with Maria right after class."

I looked back up to Professor James. "So that settles it. I'll be sending to you the details of your project through your email adds. Be sure to check on them so you can start as early as possible. Okay class dismissed." He left in a swish and I jumped out of my seat in a flash to avoid further talking to Barber but why am I so slow? He grabbed my hand and made me face him.

"Delavin, please. I, really need to talk to you," he pleaded.

"No, Barber. There is nothing to talk about. I don't have anything to say to you and if it is not related to this project, please let go of my hand now. I'm in a hurry."

Maria called me out. "K, come on. We have to prepare for Tanner's party."

I took out my hand from Barber's grip and left him frozen in his spot. That's better, I thought. Every physical contact with him makes me remember the kiss we shared that time by his car and in the garden. It was a mistake, I told myself and I will never make the same mistake again.