Chapter 33: Little doll and little princess.

They quietly snuck out the room.

The mouse doll squeaked showing them a way to go by undetected. They quietly followed.

Sneaking through the castle, they eventually reached the place he was keeping that man in.

They quietly go into a room before as they grab two similar looking blades which they guessed was the man's.

They were very heavy so they had to quietly and slowly drag the blades to the cell.

Once they had reached the cell the mouse doll squeaked at the person.

The person weakly looks at them.

"A child...?"

They almost jump back. Did... they....talk...in...doll...?

They stare at him.

I'm sorry.

They hear their creators voic

When you were created something went wrong... I don't know what... You cannot talk in the 'mortal' way. By that I mean you can't talk how everyone else talks, nor through any telekinesis as there is some sort of barrier I cannot get rid off blocking your mind.

You can only speak in doll. Speaking in doll is a bit like telekinesis, but only those who can use marionette magic or are a doll can hear and speak it, though there are exceptions. Hope and Despair can read your mind using their abilities to go through the barrier.

Those who can hear the inner voices of creatures can faintly hear you... I'm not sure how though....

Though remember this... Nobody who isn't a doll nor a marionette magic user can hear or speak doll...

Unfortunately.... As well as being unable to speak the 'mortal' way... I could not give you wings like the species you were based off have... and the patches you have... if you take them off.... It would be very dangerous for you... It appears they keep you stable somehow.....

They go quiet.

"....why are they here....? They should get out of here as soon as possible...."

They focus. Not now. They could ask later. Right now they needed to free this person.

They spot a lever that said 'bridge' next to it. They go over to it and pull it.

It made a bridge appear from the void below the dangling prisoner.

"What are you doing in...?"

They quietly told them in doll. The man looked surprised.

"You can hear me...?"

They nod as they cross the bridge to the person. On the other side of the bridge where the person was dangling was a small platform.

They summoned some needles and used it to pick the locks on the prisoner open. They took notice of the weird tattoo on the persons arm.

The prisoner flopped to the ground, let out a groan. He looked at Patch.

"Who are you...?"

They told them their name and their plan to escape. Then they gave him the blades.

He smiled a bit.

"I see.... Well....my name is Xavia...and as you can guess...I'm a fallen symbol..."

*******

No one predicted that the prisoner would break free while the master was gone.

Not alone but with the child.

This of course outraged the two Dragon guards that he had taken the child.

Unaware of course, that the child was the one who had freed him.

Before anyone could stop them.

They were gone.

**********

She sat upon her throne.

She had built a name for herself.

People who had heard about who her parents were were shocked and devastated.

As though she cared.

Her grandparents were delusional and her parents fell victim to forbidden love.

But she would not make the same mistakes.

Her servant went up to her. "Your highness... The group have tamed despair..."

"Have they..? Well then, We should prepare ourselves did they think about coming here. As that assassin is with them. She seems determined to try and make me follow in my parents footsteps."

She could try but she would fail, she though to herself.

"Yes your highness." She bows and heads off.

Leaving here to sit alone once more.

She thought quietly to herself.

A thought had recently entered her mind as she recalled she couldn't remember anything from her young childhood... As she could remember... was being in a strange world... And being trapped in a dark castle...

She sighed pushing the thoughts away from her mind.

Not now.

Now.... She had to prepare.