X

Teen Titans Tower in California

Raven was in the ops room, in front of the big glass windows. Surrounding her was all the spell books that she had collected on Earth, Azarath, and other dimensions - via the Herald. 

Strolling into the kitchen and opening the fridge, Beast Boy took out some tofu to-go leftovers. He leaned on the granite table and observed Raven. She was too engrossed in her books and chanting tales to notice him staring at her. 

"So. Babe." Raven turned her head to the sound of his voice. "You find anything yet?" 

Ever since their return from escorting Argent to Australia everyone knew not to bother Raven who was intensely at work. 

"Yeah. During the vision that was shown to us, a prophecy was being told to us." She nodded her head to try and recall what the exact words were. 

"It talked about three sisters uniting-" Beast boy interrupted, "That could mean you, Arg, and Jinx."

She eyed him. "Right. The next line talked about gems and I thin-" 

"The gems that were glowing when you guys were like flying!!" 

Starting to feel herself getting annoyed, Raven breathed out."Yes, Beast Boy. But then the next part talked about one of the three falling or none at all which doesn't make any sense to me." 

The green teen laid on the couch his face in a puzzled expression. "It could mean that if one person doesn't fall - whatever that stupid metaphor means - that none of the three will." 

"Maybe." Raven answered after thinking it over. She highly doubted it however with a bad luck witch and a half demon hybrid being involved in the ordeal. 

"The last line of the prophecy is what is most confusing to me. Dark pasts are revealed, or dark futures lie ahead. Like what dark pasts? Are they only talking about one of the three? Or all of them? Gah this is giving me a headache."

Raven rubbed her right temple and made her way to sit on the couch. Gar laid his head in her lap and she ran her fingers through his hair. 

"Don't worry too much about it, we both know you'll figure it out." She had a smart comment to retort but decided against it. 

Raven was just afraid that she might figure the problem out when it's too late.

Artemis's temporary apartment in Central City

She really shouldn't be thinking these things. 

Hell, she shouldn't even be in this world. 

The alarm clock read 4:51 am but she was long awake. The small lamp light on in the room allowed her to read what was on the yellowing notepad. The pages on it's corners were curling and the page almost fell off the spine, but the information in it was too important to lose.