Chapter 3: First Days and Awkward Car Rides

Why Do You Hate Me, My Love?

Chapter 3: First Days and Awkward Car Rides.

Ethan's P.O.V

Oh how I love the sun rising and ruining my peaceful sleep. Not.

Groaning and stretching out my stiff muscles, I hopped out of bed but then fell back onto my hard mattress, too tired to get up yet. Mornings suck.

But the thought that I would be going back to school today, so I would get to see Josh for the first time since New Years Eve got me back up and running. Okay so I'm extremely nervous, but excited as well.

As I brushed my teeth I was too happy to even complain about the taste of my minty toothpaste.

Thats how it had been ever since New Years Eve. Mum had been worried I had been peer pressured into doing drugs at the party and I was now some sort of addict. I swear she was close to taking me to get a drug test, but I persuaded her that I was not on drugs and reluctantly she had let it go.

I now didn't smile as much as the first week after it had happened but I still had the lingering traces of happiness.

I didn't bother getting changed yet and instead headed down to breakfast in my Eeyore pyjamas. Oh how I love eyesore. It's like he's my long lost twin brother… who was turned into a donkey. Yeah, still working on the theory.

Mum sat at the table with her reading glasses slightly lopsided, while she did the crosswords, Lila and Markus were running around her in their school uniforms causing her to furrow her eyebrows trying to concentrate.

"Hey sweetie," She looked up at me and smiled, then looked back down to the daily newspaper.

"Hey," I replied and nearly fell over as Markus charged into the back of my legs. If he weren't my little brother he would be the most annoying little kiss in the world. I smiled at him nonetheless and turned grabbing him in a gentle headlock.

He grinned and tried to yank his head out but I kept it there for a few seconds more, then released him.

He smiled at me adoringly, like I was the strongest man in the world, despite the fact that I was more of a twig. Ruffling his hair I walked to the cupboard and pulled out some cereal.

 As I finished pouring in the milk Dylan walked down the stairs. He scowled at me. Guess he's still angry about the whole thing at the party…

"Morning Darling," Mum smiled looking up once again, then refocussing her attention back on the crossword.

"Morning," Dylan grumbled in reply.

I shovelled the cereal down quickly then rushed back upstairs to change into my uniform.

After finally getting ready I hurried back down the stairs in time to catch mum on her way to taking Markus and Lila to school.

"Sweetie, I can't take you to school today, I have no time," I scowled but nodded. I hate walking to school. Our uniforms are horrible for exercise. They get all sticky and sweaty and they stink.

Mum shot me an apologetic smile then ran out the door.

Grumbling, I grabbed my bag and began to head out the door before Dylan stopped me.

"I could take you?" Dylan offered. I stared at him cautiously. This must be some sort of trap.

"Oh that just sounds lovely. How about we get ice-cream on the way and then have a long and serious discussion about our feelings,"

Dylan just chuckled and fished his keys out of his pockets.

"Just get in the car," He rolled his eyes and exited the house.