T E M P T E D {Ch 13 - Temper, Trust and Talk}

Start from the beginning

"Fuck." My heart jumped. "What about?" Dread pooled darkly in my stomach.

"That you asked her out."

Fuck. "Fuck."

Blake patted me on the shoulder and shook his head. "I'm sorry for ever even looking at her."

"Me too, I'm sorry that you did as well."

He chuckled half-heartedly.

I was torn between two choices. One, find Haezel before the rumour reached her or, two, find Janelle and pummel her. One sounded safer, two sounded like a helluva lot more fun.

"Blake," one of the blonde guys called, "can we have a word."

Now that didn't sound like fun. Seriously, what had Blake done to poor Foxy? The first year kid and I watched as the other three walked off down the hall to Blake's room. I looked at the kid.

"Who're you? What's your part in all this?"

He gave me a scornful look and began to walk away. Where was the respect for senior students these days? I nearly called after him to demand an answer but decided against it. I needed to find Haezel, hopefully she was still asleep. But which room was hers? Could I wait out the front of the dorm house to see her when she came out...? Dammit, I felt like a stalker.

__________________________

Leah Fox

_______________

Ugh, now that my temper had died down I felt horrible. Rhyley was simply caring for me and I'd blown up in his face, and Ferris, poor Ferris. He probably would guess that I was dating him as some kind of rebellion. That wasn't true though the truth wasn't much better, that I chose to be his girlfriend because I missed hanging around guys twenty four - seven, having a guy close to me to talk to.

But I wasn't sorry at all about what I'd said to Blake. I didn't understand how he thought that he could just say that, in front of my brother! And what the hell was funny about me dating someone else? Damn him! Had he been trying to insinuate that he was surprised a guy actually wanted to go out with me? I breathed deeply, trying not to get worked up again.

"Leah!"

Ah, Rhyley. I turned, plastering an ashamed expression on my face. "Sorry..."

He ignored me, walking right up to me before wrapping his arms around my neck. "It's tough, to hear that you're not telling me things, but of course it's your choice and if you're okay with him than you've got to know that I will be."

"No, Rhy," I mumbled into his sweater. "You've got a right to yell at me. I don't even know Ferris. I just missed you all and..."

His arms squeezed around my neck. "You don't even know that guy?"

I nodded.

Without warning, he flung me to the side so that I dropped to the grass. Then he pinned me there.

"Break up with him." It was hard to tell if he was joking or not.

"No. Rhy!"

He grabbed some grass and mussed it into my hair. "Break up with him"

"Ha-ha, no!" I rolled away from him and watched him frown as I rested my head on my arms.

"I'll allow you to go out with him, but only if you update me twice a day."

"Once a week."

"Once a day."

"Once every four days."

"Once every second day."

I raised my brows.

"Okay, once every three days. Promise?"

I nodded.

"Okay." He stood up and brushed the dirt and leaves of his clothes. "I think me and the twins should head back before I hunt down that Ferris guy and torture him for his complete life story."

I rolled onto my back and flipped myself up. "Good idea. But I don't want you to go just yet. I feel like we haven't really had a chance to properly catch up."

He took his phone out of his pocket and pressed a speed-dial. "We'll do it again another weekend... Hey, Kurt. We're going to head back now... yeah.,, oh? Okay, ten minutes."

I hated listening to only one side of a conversation. Especially when Rhyley was looking at me out of the corner of his eye with an amused expression. What exactly were the twins doing?

"Yeah, I'm okay with that. See you both in a bit." He hung up.

"Ten minutes?" I asked casually. "What are they doing?"

He just laughed and tucked the phone into his pocket.

__________________

Blake Amherst

_____________

The twins stood in front of me, their arms folded menacingly. I raised an eyebrow, waiting for whatever they had to say about how much of an idiot I was. I wasn't afraid. I'd already called myself worst things than they could. Damn, I was an imbecile. Why didn't I think before I spoke?

Kurt looked at Jack and gave him a questioning look. Jack turned to me, and then he spoke.

"We give you permission."

___________________________________________________________

I apologise for taking so long to write this and that it's so short. I wasn't feeling it, still not. Most of this chapter came out my ass so sorry if it stinks.

Sid x