"He's managing the song request booth with his class, why?"

"Well, he's not there anymore" Skye said, pointing her finger, "he's at that corner by that-" she suddenly paused

"By what?"

Skye remained quiet then turned to me, "Stay put and don't look"

I looked at her with confusion and quickly stood beside her. Skye tried to block my view but I still saw it with my own two eyes. Andrew, walking around with some girl and the way he held her, was in no way friendly.

"I'll be right back" I simply said and went away to meet with my boyfriend

---------

Skye's POV

"Stupid Andrew" I whispered as I walked home, alone.

After Kayla left to go meet with Andrew, I stayed at school for a while but even a school fair with no classes is no fun when you're alone. So after waiting the whole afternoon and receiving Kayla's text that she won't come home with me today, I went ahead and left.

When I arrived home, I went directly to my room and sprawled on my bed. I really don't know what to think. Actually I'm worried about Kayla because I know for a fact that Andrew was a playboy and a cheater.

Besides knowing that about him, Kayla still gave him a chance and ended up choosing him amongst all the other guys who were courting her.

That's Kayla for you, always seeing the good in others. But still, why him?!

"Damn it!" I said aloud "It would have been easier if she had chosen-" I suddenly stopped

Chosen who? You?

The question that instantly entered my mind, it's like my subconscious was talking back at me.

Why would she pick you? She doesn't like you that way. You're just her best friend.

That's right, we're just best friends.

"Chosen who?" a familiar male voice asked

I turned to the door and saw dad standing by the doorway, "sorry for not knocking but I could hear you from downstairs, is everything alright?"

I sat up and nodded, "Just thinking aloud"

"Okay. If you're hungry, there's food in the kitchen" he said, holding the door knob "and if you want to talk about it, I'm all ears"

"Okay dad" I smiled "thanks"

He smiled back and closed the door as he left. Is my voice that loud?

A few moments later, my phone rang.

2 messages received, one from Kayla and one from Tammy. After reading the two messages, I hurriedly left my house and went straight to Kayla's. She needs me more than Tammy.

"Hey Aunt Liz!" I greeted and kissed her on the cheek "sorry 'bout last time"

"Oh don't worry you're pretty little head about it, its fine" she replied, busily scrolling through the channels on the TV, "Kayla's in her room, go do your magic and make her happy again" she looked at me and gave a knowing smile

I nodded and went to Kayla's room, I tried to go in but the door was locked.

"Hey Kayla! it's me!" I knock on her door, "Are you alright?"

The door didn't open, so I continued knocking, "Open the door so we can talk about! I'll even buy ice cream and we could hang out in our pajamas and talk about it all night!"