I didn't know if he wanted me to respond, so I just nodded and stayed quiet, tracing the wood grains on the floor boards with my eyes.

"I'm only trying to protect my pack, Miss O'Conner." His voice seemed softer, almost fatherly. "If my family accepts you, you will be under my protection as well. Are you sure you want to leave the Council's protection for mine?"

Besides the fact I didn't have a choice, Casey was my mate, and if I somehow could refuse, I would be shunned by my mate and this pack forever. I couldn't do that, especially since my mate being here makes this feel almost... like home. Surprisingly without the bullying. "Yes, sir. I do."

I looked up as he nodded to himself, and saw him standing protectively in front of his wife, his mate, with his hands clasped behind his back. "We'll start over here." He walked over to Noah, who stood taller and stiffer when his father approached. "Do you, Noah Harrison Ravenswood, accept Beth Carolyn O'Conner as a member of our pack?"

"I do."

I couldn't help but smile, and feel as if a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I started to relax as he walked to his wife, and they shared a smile. "Do you, Elisa Natalie Ravenswood, accept Beth Carolyn O'Conner, as a member of our pack?"

"I do." Her voice range around so sweet and soft, and the two mates smiled again at each other before Alpha Damien moved to his left, to the girl.

"Do you, Shanie Alyin Ravenswood, accept Beth Carolyn O'Conner, as a member of our pack?"

My heart almost stopped when she didn't reply, and she looked at me with her brown eyes, as if checking to see if I would tackle her or something. "I do." Her loud, but girly voice met my ears, and her face twitched into a smile.

Finally, he walked to Casey, who I saw was staring at me. "Do you, Casey Colston Ravenswood, accept Beth Carolyn O'Conner, as a member of our pack?"

His eyes met mine as he looked long and hard at me. Suddenly, my heart sped up. What if he said no? What if he didn't want to be my mate? I mean, it looked to me as if he was going out with that blonde girl at the moment.

'Don't be stupid.' His voice rang through my head, and I felt my eyes widen. The mate mind link...

"I do." Casey said to his father, taking his eyes from mine for a second to nod to his father.

"I Damien Mason Ravenswood," He held his left hand up, "Accept Beth Carolyn O'Conner, as a member of our pack." His voice silenced all of the murmuring from the crowd, but once he finished, they all cheered again. I let out a smile of relief.

"Please stand." I did as the Alpha said without question, and felt the pride fill me. I was in the pack; I was under the Alpha's orders. He seemed to notice this too and smiled, then motioned for me to move over to the right side of the stage, which held a large, fancy bowl. The stand was stone, with wolves etched onto either side, and the stone bowl was filled with water.

The Alpha grabbed my left wrist, and held it up for the crowd to see. They all squinted, and moved closer to get a better look, before rising into another fit of whispers. The Alpha kept my wrist in his hand as he studied it with confusion and surprise. "Ravenswood?" He whispered to himself, before shaking his head.

"You know, your mate is supposed to join us for the skills ritual in the forest." The Alpha whispered to me as he lowered my wrist into the lukewarm water. The mark started to glow, sending an electric blue glow throughout the bowl. Suddenly, Casey's image appeared in the water, causing the Alpha to jump back and release my wrist. With a quick look at Casey, he regained his composure and said loudly, "That water's cold!"