Chapter 4 Part 2

Chapter 4 Part 2:

The first person, surprisingly, my eyes laid on was Noah, who strode up on the stage ahead of everyone, including their mother who was a small but tall brown haired woman. It's funny, because looking at Noah now made me just shake my head at his confident attitude, while yesterday I was shaking just being in his presence. Behind the Alpha Female was a flowy girl, probably my age, with long honey brown hair. Bringing up the rear was Casey, who walked up confidently, with a smirk on his face. His mate was finally going to belong to their pack. He could finally have a secured, guaranteed Alpha Female.

I rolled my eyes, letting myself watch the flowy girl. She was taller than me, for sure, with long, lean legs, and pretty brown eyes. She wore a small party dress, with tons of eyeliner and eye shadow glowing against her tan skin, and black open-toed high heels, making her tower over her mother. I didn't remember Casey and Noah having a little sister, but she is obviously intermediate family, otherwise she wouldn't have to accept me into the pack.

Alpha Damien spoke again and I tore my eyes from the girl- who was holding her arm as she look to her feet, twisting them boredly- to look at the handsome man. "I want to thank everyone for coming tonight, and welcome you to the Pack House once more. Not a very common occasion, though, why we are here. Tonight, we are gathered here to get a pledge of Allegiance from a Ravenswood-born werewolf, named Beth Carolyn O'Conner."

I could hear the murmuring of my parents' names, as they all looked around, looking for the poor orphan child of their old friends. I snuck closer to the stairs, which were covered by a purple curtain, probably to protect the wood from weather damage.

"Without any further adue, I'd like to invite Beth up to the stage."

My legs started shaking, my palms sweating. I rubbed my hands on my skirt before slowly ascending the stairs, my fingers gripping the hand rail. It was dead-quiet, and I could hear my heels clicking against the wood. When I neared the top, the Ravenswoods came into my view, and I saw all of their beautiful faces staring over at me. I knew they could hear the beat of my heart speed up.

I placed my left foot onto the stage first, and I saw them all smile kindly at me at once, as if they had planned it. I looked over at the crowd nervously, seeing nothing but dark silhouettes from the lights that shone at the edge of the stage. Suddenly, as I came to a stop next to the Alpha, loud cheers and claps came from the rest of the pack below.

I just gave a small wave, before I remembered the words of the werewolf who led me to the stage 'Kneel in front of Alpha Damien and his family'. I turned from the crowd, and got onto one knee in front of the Alpha, who now stood, talking to his wife quietly. Casey looked at me, slightly amused, and I bit back a sly smile, bowing my head to look at my feet.

"Miss O'Conner, why is it you left Ravenswood?" The Alpha asked me, and I cleared my throat, keeping my head down.

'Because of your son,' half of me wanted to be cocky, since Casey was watching me with what could only be described at arrogance. But what I said was, "Because my father got a job on the wolf Council, Sir."

"Hmm. Did you pledge Allegiance to the Council?"

"I didn't need to. I was only five years old, too young to have an Allegiance, Sir." It was true. After you were ten did you officially belong to a pack, as that was the age most wolves turned.

"Ah, yes, but your tenth birthday was celebrated in Council Territory, was it not?"

"Yes, sir."

"So technically, you pledged Allegiance to the Council. When you were old enough to have an Allegiance, you lived in the Council, not in Ravenswood."