Chapter 6

(Edward's Pov)

It was getting closer to the fight with the Volturi. We had gotten all the witnesses we could. I noticed Hadley stayed close to Benjamin. I went up to her room. I saw her reading. Half of them went hunting including Benjamin.

"Hads"

She looked up and smiled.

"Hi dad"

I went and sat across from her. She was reading 'Harry Potter'. She only looks 12 but really a few months old.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yes"

"Do you like Benjamin?"

"Yes. He's nice, sweet, caring, funny"

I grinned. She was his mate and she didn't even know. She's about too though.

"Do you know what a mate is?"

"Is it like you and mom, Renny and Jake, grandma and grandpa, Uncle Jasper and Aunt Alice, Uncle Emmett, and Aunt Rosalie, Charlotte and Peter, Garrett and Kate?"

"Yes, exactly"

"Well, I don't particularly know but I know it's when two people love each other"

"Between two mates, they show unconditional love. They make each other happy. Just being with each other makes them happy"

"Like a security blanket?"

"Exactly like a security blanket."

She smiled and nodded.

"Hads, what would you say if I told you that Benjamin was your mate"

"Really?"

"Yes. You are"

"Is that why I blush when I embarrass myself in front of him? Or when I'm near him, I'm always happy. Or when he's gone, I miss him?"

"Yes"

She smiled widely before hugging me. I heard him come back from hunting.

"He just came back from hunting"

She released me before running downstairs.

(Hadley's Pov)

I ran downstairs with a wide smile.

"Ben!"

I found him and ran to him. He caught me in his arms.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing but dad told me I was your mate. Is that true?"

"Yes, it's true"

"Good"

I hugged him tightly around his neck. Everyone was either smiling or laughing. He held me on his hip. Just because I looked 12 doesn't mean nothing. I'm still only a few months old. I stayed in his arms the rest of the day.

~~

When it was mine and Ren's bedtime, we didn't want to go to bed. We were playing a game with Benjamin and Jacob.

"Maybe Jacob and Benjamin can put you two to bed"

We looked at our mates. They looked at each other before grinning. They scooped us up. We were laughing. We said,

"Goodnight"

"Goodnight Ness and Had"

Jacob and Benjamin took us to our rooms. Benjamin tucked me in.

"But I'm not sleepy"

"Because your not relaxed Lily-flower. Once you relax you'll go to sleep"

"Will you stay with me until I do? Please"

He got beside me. I curled up to him. I relaxed and yawned. I closed my eyes and I was soon asleep.