Chapter Two

It had been two weeks since the devastating news. I was finally free to leave the hospital. 

One evening, I was walking by a forest. Lost in thoughts, I bumped into a tree and fell down. I got up, rubbing my forehead, and then it hit me. The smell of strawberries and vanilla entered my nose and I looked around to find the source. I walked deeper into the woods and finally came across the source of the scent. A girl was sitting there on a big rock. Her back was facing me.

As if sensing something, she turned around, frowning. She was my age. At the sight of her, my wolf Michael started howling 'mate!'  He urged me to go and talk to her.

You're forgetting that I can't speak. I mentally told my wolf.

The girl was staring at me, then her eyes widened. I saw her subconsciously mumbling 'mate' to herself. I smirked inside.

My wolf wanted me to take control and let him talk to her, which I did. I walked up to her. She asked my name.

"I'm Michael, Leo's wolf, he lost his voice in an accident recently. We're the alpha of The Red Moon Pack." My wolf told contacted her. A sorry look crossed her face. This time, instead of using her human voice, she talked to me through her wolf.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. My name is Hope, and I'm the daughter of The Red River Pack's alpha. Well, ex-alpha, my father was killed by the enemy pack's alpha." She said sadly.

"Oh..I'm sorry." I told her.

"It's fine, it's not your fault." She shrugged with a smile.

"So..." I trailed off, kicking the ground. "So you're my mate." I asked, more like said.

She blushed. "Uh y-yeah...I guess..my wolf told me." I chuckled.

"So...you need to come with me." She began.

"Huh?"

"Our pack has no alpha at the moment, since my father died and the next alpha wasn't decided. But since I was my father's only child, so technically I would get the title but I can't be an alpha. But you could be a part of our pack and could be the alpha, if you..accept me as a mate." Se told me.

"Why would I reject you, kitten?" I smirked.

A wave of satisfaction hit me when she started blushing. "I'm not your kitten!"

I laughed. I stepped closer, still smirking. "You know who you're talking to." I said with authority. "I'm the Alpha, and you're my mate, so you're my kitten. You're mine."