"You're stupid," Mitsuba deadpans. "I don't even feel sorry for you."

"Thanks for your support, Shitsuba," Yuu smiles at her sickly-sweet, looking like he's ready to take the noodle bowl and throw the piping hot broth in her face. "Anyway, before I was so rudely interrupted," Yuu elongates with a glare in Mitsuba's direction, "Naturally, my mother wants to meet this boy, and demands that I bring him home for the holidays since my extended family is visiting as well. Hence the reason why I am so damn screwed."

"I would love to help, really, Yuu-kun, but I'm traveling over the holidays. My brother is getting married in Paris this winter," Yoichi looked regretful, and gave him a supportive smile. "Maybe Shiho can help out instead?"

"Not a chance," Shiho says flatly, dismissing the idea before Yuu can even think.

"Agh! Shiho, you suck!" Yuu whines, flopping into the booth and holding his head in his hands. "What the hell am I going to do?"

"You could always ask someone else on campus. You're mildly attractive, I'm sure there's someone you could bribe into going home with you," Shinoa suggests, poking him in the cheek with her chopstick.

"I don't exactly talk to anyone besides you guys, and ost of the people have already left campus for the holidays anyways," Yuu dismisses the idea. He sighs in defeat, allowing his head to drop to the table with a loud thunk. He groans in pain, and Shinoa frowns, looking almost sympathetic for him.

"Why not take Mika home?"

Mika finally looks up from his phone. "What? No," He says impassively.

"Oh, come on, Mika!" Mitsuba eggs him on, dramatically holding her hands out to usher to him. "You're not even leaving campus for the holidays anyway!"

"Plus, you're gay, so it actually works out!" Shinoa adds with a snap of her fingers.

"Shinoa!" Mika shouts angrily, feeling his face go warm. He had confided in his sexuality to Shinoa a couple months back, thinking she had the decency to keep it a secret. That's the last time I tell her anything personal, Mika makes a mental note, scowling at the lilac-haired woman.

"Dude, we all knew anyway," Shiho says in what sounds like an attempt to console him. Mika doesn't feel much better and he focuses on the noodle bowl in front of him, watching the last clouds of steam spiral into the air and dissolve. It would be getting cold soon; Mika clicked his tongue in annoyance, knowing if Yuu weren't so distracting with his story Mika could've finished his dinner while it was still warm.

He doesn't even comprehend what happens next, because before he can process anything he feels himself being jerked out of his seat. Yuu is nose-to-nose with him now, grabbing on to his hands tightly, his emerald eyes bright with desperation.

"Mika, please," Yuu begs, and this close up, Mika can see freckles dusting his nose. "Pretend to be my boyfriend for two weeks. I'll do anything."

Mika can't help but make an innuendo in response. "Anything?" He questions slowly, smirking.

Not catching on to the joke, Yuu nods his head feverently and squeezes hands tighter. "Anything!" He repeats loudly.

"Alright, I'm out," Shiho pushes his chair back, standing up and starting to walk away. "I'm leaving before Yuu gets sold into sucking Mika's dick." Upon leaving, Yoichi stands up too, following Shiho like a lost puppy.

"That is not what I meant!" Yuu yells at him as they walk away, earning quite a few confused stares from the other people around them. From over Yuu's shoulder, it looks like one of the restaurant workers is about to come over there and kick them out for being obnoxiously loud.

"Come on, Mika," Yuu is begging now, and he sounds like a whiny child. "Isn't there something you want?"

"Well, my lunch card is out of money," Mika offers, and he can see the gears turning in Yuu's mind as he comes up with a bargain.

"I'll buy you free meals for two weeks," Yuu promises.

"Two weeks?" Mika laughs sarcastically. How cheap does he think I am? "How about two months?"

"Two mo-" Yuu clicks his teeth frustratedly, knowing full well Mika is enjoying his inner turmoil. He hums angrily, debating his options. Sighing, he eventually gives in. "Fine. Fine!" He shouts. "I'll buy you free food for two months, you pig. We're leaving tomorrow morning. Meet me at my parking spot at nine in the morning, packed and ready to go."

"Ooh, I feel like I am witnessing something momentous," Shinoa jokes, elbowing her girlfriend, who is also smirking and clearly enjoying the charade. "The start of a beautiful relationship."

"Temporary!" Yuu shouts in defense, just as Mika hisses out "Fake!" They look down at where they're still holding hands and pull away like they had just touched a hot stove. Looking away from each other, Yuu takes his seat, eating the rest of Shiho's abandoned noodle bowl while Mika stays still.

"I'm going to head home, guys," Mika announces to what's left of the group, giving them a weak wave of goodbye. He takes two dollars out of his wallet and places it under his bowl as a tip. "I need to pack and finish up my holiday homework."

"Holiday homework? That you've started on the first night of the two weeks?" Mitsuba looks flabbergasted. She turns to Yuu, giving him a mock expression of sympathy. "Yuu, I'm sorry to break it to you, but you're dating a huge nerd."

"Fake-dating," Yuu argues, his mouth filled with pasta and steamed vegetables.

"Whatever. At least I won't be the one stressing over finishing all my work the night before," Mika retorts sassily. He starts to walk off, shoving his hands in his coat pockets.

"Nine AM!" Yuu whirls around in his chair, pointing his chopsticks at Mika. "Don't be late!"

Mika ignores him, rolling his eyes and weaving through the restaurant. The bell chimes as he pushes open the door.

It is snowing softly; not enough to stick to the ground, but enough to stain his clothes with small droplets of melted snow and leave him shivering. Pulling his coat around him tighter, Mika heads out of the restaurant and walks down the street to where the bus stop is. There are two other people waiting for the bus; a woman with a fashionable trench coat under a maroon-colored dress tapping on her phone, and an older man, sitting on the bench with his nose tucked into the daily newspaper. Mika sits on the other side of the worn-out cherrywood bench, watching cars drive by the street absentmindedly. He can't think about anything else but what he's gotten himself into. He has a gnawing feeling in his gut, one that claws at him and is telling him to rush back inside and tell Yuu the deal's off. Free food isn't worth it, anyway.

And here I thought I'd be enjoying a quiet two weeks alone in my dorm, Mika thinks with disdain, his dreams of serenity and peace from hectic classes and overbearing friends dying.

The pale-grey city bus arrives after a couple minutes of waiting. It slows and sputters to a stop, the front doors hissing as they opened. Mika follows the sophisticated women up the steps, nodding in hello to the tired-looking bus driver before taking a seat near the front. He rests his head against the uncomfortable, scratchy bus seat and stares out the fogged-with-cold window.

Mika had a sinking feeling that he would come to regret this. And yet, although he refused to admit it, there was a small part of him that hoped everything would turn out better than he expected, that he wouldn't regret the next two weeks.

And if not - well, it's only fourteen days, anyway. What's the worst that could happen?

- - - - -

A/N: You have no idea how excited I am for this! Not only have I never written a Mika's POV Mikayuu fic, but this is just going to be 100% fluff and I need that in my life after all this angst lately! *dances around* Add this to your libraries, and show me some love! Hit that star button if you want me to continue this!