XX. Finish The Mission

Start from the beginning

Connie luckily managed to avoid the numerous bullets flying toward her in order to get to the men. She pulled two of Natasha's electroshock disks from her belt and threw them at two of the agents, putting them down immediately. She then pulled out her electroshock batons, maneuvering herself around quickly as she dug the batons into the bodies of the agents. As she ran through the cases of ammunition, she came across two more agents. Both raised their guns and attempted to shoot, but before they could, Connie had swung herself around in the air, knocking both of the agents' weapons from their hands and to the ground. She delivered a few quick jabs and kicks to one of the agents' torsos before grabbing the other agent by the arm and swinging him into a case of ammunition. After grabbing two grenades from either one of the men and pulling the pins, Connie hopped up onto a case of ammunition and tossed both of the explosives at men on either side of the helicarrier, benefiting not only her, but Steve as well.

Connie hopped off of the case and ran over to Steve once most of the agents had been taken care of.

"What was that about you not wanting me to go off on my own earlier?" Connie teased him as the two continued running across the deck of the ship, taking care of stray agents.

Steve hit an agent in the face with his shield, while kicking one into one of the many ammunition cases. "You know why I don't want you going off on your own, at least during this mission."

"I know," Connie breathed out as she punched an agent in the face. "But I still think I'd be okay."

"Maybe physically, but we both know you're not emotionally prepared for this," Steve exclaimed.

Connie scoffed and kicked and agent into another one. "I could say the same for you, Steven."

"Touché."

"Eight minutes, you two," Maria's voice sounded again.

"We're working on it," Steve assured her as he and Connie made their way into the helicarrier.

Connie ran ahead of him and into the helicarrier's main control center. She quickly punched in the code on the computer and replaced the chip.

"Alpha lock," she told Maria before taking off with Steve again.

The two of them ran back outside, though Connie stopped when Maria's voice sounded.

"Charlie carrier is 45 degrees off the port bow. You have six minutes."

Connie split from Steve and headed toward one of the Quinjets on the deck, much to Steve's confusion.

"What the hell are you doing, Con?"

"Hitching a ride," she answered as she kicked in the glass of the Quinjet window, hopping in the pilot's seat after she did so. "I doubt Sam's strong enough to carry the both of us, so. . ."

Connie had the Quinjet started and in the air in seconds, and it wasn't long before she was taking off. She hovered over the deck of the Charlie carrier, and once she was at a safe distance up in the air, she hopped out of the Quinjet cabin and down onto the deck below, leaving the aircraft to crash into the river below.

Sam and Steve were nowhere to be found on deck, but she found the answer to why that was after peeking out from behind an ammunition case. Bucky was standing at the very edge of the ship. His stance was rather defensive, and Connie knew then that it wasn't Bucky but it was the Winter Soldier. Connie hid herself behind the case of ammunition and brought her wrist to her face.

"Steve, I'm on deck," she said into her communication link. "Where are you?"

"I'm still on the ship. Climbing back up to deck now," he informed her.