Chapter 7

Chapter 7

--

Eina's PoV

I can't believe it! I mean what the fuck men?!

Malilintikan talaga saakin si Esther. How could she do this to me?!

After my little talk with Schneider. Hindi na ako nagpaligoy na umalis sa office niya. There was a heavy tension around us when I talked to him and I'm not about to acknowledge that tension. But I can't even stop myself from having an urge to just stick him close to me just feeling his warmth on me. Stop!

Agad akong pumunta kung saan alam kong nasaan si Esther, and it was in her restaurant. I stomped my foot as soon as I entered the building, making some of the customers look at my direction.

But I really didn't care. I went directly to Esther then drag her in her office.

"What the heck do you think you're thinking Es?" I spoke through gritted teeth. Pasalamat siya at kaibigan ko siya.

"What did I do?" She said innocently, but I already knew from her smirk she was trying to hide that she already knows what I am talking about.

I snorted. "Don't act so innocent Es. Alam nating dalawa na pareho tayo ng iniisip sa tanong ko. So just answer my question. Alam mo bang si Acosta ang boss ng asawa mo?"

I looked at her intently, waiting for her answers.

Finally, she smiled. "Yes, alam kong siya ang boss ng asawa ko. So what about it?" She stated nonchalantly.

"Anong 'what about it?' My gosh Es. You are practically making me closer to the person I swore I don't want to see again." Mahirap na, just with his mere presence around me. I can't even stop my heart from beating so fast for him. But not just my heart, something else is also throbbing. At hindi ako manhid para hindi malaman ang nararamdaman ko. I should really be away from him.

"Why so Eina? Bakit ba patuloy mo nalang pinipilit ang sarili mong lumayo sakanya? base from what you said to me, alam kong iba ka sa lahat ng ikinama niya. And I also know that there is something special about that. It has to be." Esther stated with all seriousness. And I know that look, it's the look of determination.

"That's because I was wearing a mask!" I Exclaimed. "Hindi niya ako kilala, and I know he would be disappointed if ever he discovers that he bedded a woman like me!"

Yes, I think lowly of myself. Masisisi niyo ba ako? Ever since I convinced myself that no one will ever like me. And it was confirmed with the fact that no one has ever given interest to me for the past 27 years. Meron man pero akala niya high school pa ako. My self-esteem lowered down every single day. Kaya ganun nalang ang iniisip ko.

"Don't think lowly of yourself Eina. I know what I'm doing, I have this gut feeling and I'm not going to slip it off my grip. Papanindigan ko ito." She held my hand. "Now, let just stop with all this seriousness and just talk about what happened today. So how did it go?" Es, trying to lighten up the mood around us.

"I rejected his offer." I simply said.

--

I never given Esther a valid reason she demanded me, I left her disappointed in her office because of the situation is not going according to her plan.

I went straight to my apartment after my conversation with Es. Sinabi kong may tatapusin pa kong blueprint para sa isang kliyente ko para hindi narin niya ako matanong pa. Walang nagawa si Esther kundi pumayag na.

Nagtaxi akong umuwi, I should've brought my car pero sinabi kasi ni Es na 'wag nalang tutal ihahatid ako ng asawa niya.

Nang makarating na ako sa apartment ko, nahiga muna ako sa kama ko.