"Anyone moves and my associate her will kill the boy." The Wight grumbled.

Jeanette and Emma glanced at each other and nodded, Jeanette forming a light in her hand, and Emma creating a ball of fire.

"We won't let you do this!" They yelled in sync.

"What are you two going to do? Light the way for us?" Ethan asked, earning a glare from both girls.

"At least try can do better then making ice cubes." Leo yelled.

"Oh shut up! The best you can do is make us float!" Ethan retaliated.

"And the ice cube thinks he's funny. How will we win!" Enoch added sarcastically. Jeanette laughed, she liked the sarcastic Enoch as much as she liked serious yet smiley Enoch.

"Be quiet death boy!" Ethan yelled at him.

"Oh no! Heaven forbid you throw an ice cube at me!" Jeanette couldn't stop her laughter now, Enoch was lightening the mood, surprising people who were used to his gloomy moods. The little ones were also laughing at what he aimed in retaliated.

"Join me! Join us! We'll make a world for us! A peculiar world!" Ethan yelled, the ice had spread to Nathan's shoulder and to his neck and across his torso.

"Ethan please stop!" He begged, but Ethan paid no attention to his brother.

"Do you really think we would join you?" Emma asked.

"I had hoped you would see the light, but I guess I was wrong about you, you're all cowards." Ethan said.

"It is cowards who turn to evil Ethan, to stand up and fight is not cowardice, it is bravery. You can still save yourself, it doesn't have to be this way." Jeanette said sadly.

"You can still come back, we won't hate you." Jacob added, speaking up for the first time. He had been unusually quiet.

"I don't want to kill you, but if you stand in our way, I will." Ethan said, his brother was mostly frozen now.

"Bring it on!" Josef stepped to the front of the group, electricity sparking around his body like tinsel.

"Fine." Ethan let go of his brother, who fell limply to the ground. Bronwyn went over and picked him up, taking him to the corner where she was sat with the other little ones, protecting them dutifully.

"Jenny I think our prototype may work." Enoch muttered to her. She frowned at him.

"How?" She asked.

"Because I summoned it." Enoch gestured to the door that led to the lower decks. Stood in their doorway in all its glory was their prototype, the only one they had completed. It joined the fray and knocked Ethan to the floor in seconds.

"I'm rather proud." Jeanette commented.

"I feel like a parent watching their child do amazing things." Enoch added. She laughed.

"Our hard work is paying off."  She said.

"Is this what you were working on?" Horace asked, joining the two. Jeanette and Enoch both nodded.

"Exactly." Enoch said.

More hollows appeared, and the fight got more serious. Everyone bar the little ones and Bronwyn was being drawn into the fight. Jeanette made a ball of light and threw it towards a hollow, at least that's what she hoped she was aiming at. It exploded, killing the hollow. It fell over the side and splashed.

"Good shot." Horace congratulated her. She grinned at him.

"Thank you." She answered. Enoch was still controlling their prototype, which was hitting out at thin air widely, trying to hit a hollow, and occasionally managing to reach its mark. The wight and Ethan were engaged in combat with Emma and Jacob. Fiona and Hugh were working together to help the bees become bigger and sting more hollowgasts.

Josef, Stephan and Aimee were sending electrified shadows out to attack the hollows. Whilst Melanie, Bronwyn and the little ones were fussing over Nathan. Cameron, Millard and Leo were making a spectacular team and combining their peculiarities to stop the hollows.

Jeanette, Enoch and Horace stood a little way off from where everyone else was. There was not much Horace could do, Enoch was busy with the prototype and Jeanette was trying to hit the hollows, but she didn't often make a mark.

Despite their best efforts, the peculiars weren't doing too well in this fight, to say they were losing would pessimistic, but not untrue.

"Horace I don't suppose you dreamed about this fight?" Josef yelled, as he electrified another shadow to send to attack one of the hollows.

"No, I was dreaming about y- something else." Horace answered.

"About what?" Josef asked. Horace shrugged.

"Nothing important." He answered, dusting down his suit.

"The ymbrynes!" Someone yelled, but it was too late, the ymbrynes were gone, as were the wights, the remaining hollowgasts, and Ethan.

Everyone just froze, unsure of what to do. They had lost.