chapter 9

There's something delicate about being alone with someone you care about; especially being completely alone. There were rare times when, as Harry would strain to remember, he and Niall were the only two in the room-the only two awake-and the only two that mattered.

In Paris, in London, even in Milan, they were constantly submerged in that ever-present bustle of the shifting sea of people, unable to lose themselves and just be together.

But tonight, Harry thought, tonight's different.

Harry stayed perfectly still as he caught every sound, every nuance in movement, every shadowed line on Niall's plain, snow-white face; fortuitously marveling, if not reveling, at the oblique perfection the blonde strangely had.

How the faint sky grey of the older boy's eyes blended evenly among the in-betweens of the evident shimmery blue, Harry would never know. And how the curve to his lips, his bruised yet undeniably pink lips, seemed to make everything less significant Harry wouldn't know either.

But he'd like to know.

The steady, slow paced brunette still had his elbows propped up on either side of the smaller boy beneath him; with their legs entangled and their faces a hair length's away from each other, some would shy away from the sight, because something so endearing as these two boys completely drowning in nothing but intimacy is a secret only they could keep.

All those days, and weeks, and months spent with insatiable staring and whispered words finally led up to the very moment Harry brushed away a stray lock of Niall's hair above his fluttering eyes.

"Is it true?" Harry trembled as he let the question fall from his lips; and seeing Niall blink as if it fell into his eyes, the brunette bit his lip in stark silence.

"Do you really feel that way about me?"

Niall still had his fingers tracing mindlessly above Harry's buttoned shirt, and as the blonde returned the near soundless exchange of words he helplessly pulled at the wrinkled cotton and brought their lips together.

Softly and effortlessly falling into their own woven rhythm, the shaking young boys sighed into each other's mouths and felt that small curveted push to prolong their kiss.

Blinking dazedly after a full minute of losing himself in the addictive taste of Harry's plump lips, Niall rested his head back on the covers and exhaled, "I never knew how much I needed you around, especially when we were away from each other for so long. And now if I could call anything my own, I'm glad I can say it's you."

Niall turned his head away from Harry and smiled crookedly; his cheek touched the warmth of the younger boy's hand as he looked over the bed at the unnervingly motionless hotel room.

"So," Harry cooed and smiled against Niall's neck when his head flopped affectionately in the crook of his shoulder, "we're in love?"

Niall trailed the calloused pads of his fingers along the slender line of Harry's neck before curling them into the small tufts of his curly hair, and smiled admiringly at the green eyed boy.

"Yeah-" Niall chucked softly, but soon lost the air to his breath, "-yeah, I think we are."

Harry beamed and emanated in sweet, sweet triumph as he smiled and bit gently into the soft skin of Niall's neck. He smelled the alluring scent of his favorite cologne among the swimming warmth and the radiating vibration moving against his tongue whenever Niall laughed.

Though as quickly as their celebratory giggles sounded the quiet room, they felt their breaths dwindle down to short gasps and desperate clings to rationality as they had imminently closed the gap between them again.