frøzen memøry » jøshua dun

It's been two years since Y/N Dun, or soon to be Dun, passed away. It was due to an automobile incident, and her soon-to-be husband Josh hasn't been getting much happier.

[][][]

Yes, he's better than he was back when it first happened, but he smiled more often and it's not forced anymore. But he still misses you terribly, the thought of you never leaving his mind.

He might look over at a book in the bookstore, read the back, and think, "she'd read this."

It tore him apart without you, slowly more every day. He knows you'd want him to move on, but he would never be able to. He's pushed away so many people, but is starting to get that connection back.

At least once every week, Josh will visit your grave. He always gets sympathetic looks from other people he might see, and from the people who mow the grass there.

Today, he'd be visiting it for the fourth time this week.

Josh walked down the sidewalk on a cold December morning, the sound of his boots hitting the ground being the only noise keeping him company. His white puffs of air caused him to pull his jacket collar up higher, and stick his hands in his pockets.

St. James Cemetery, he saw written on the all to familiar sign that he was approaching. He made a left and entered the cemetery, crunching the snow under him.

He weaved his way through the rows and paths, until he came to a granite headstone sitting under an oak tree with a bouquet of red roses with frost covering them.

Y/N Dun
Y/B/D, 1989 - November 19, 2014
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Josh wiped some stray tears from under his eyes, and looked at the roses.

"You need new ones... I'll bring you some next time I come. Which won't be long from now..."

Josh glanced around at the stray place, the bright snow covering its canvas. He started to think off all the memories from your Christmas's together, the annual snow fight and hot cocoa nights.

Suddenly, something hit his shoulder and he looked over to see snow. He looked all around him for a kid or something, only to get a face full snow. He looked up and remembered the tree.

"Nice hit, Y/N," he mumbled smiling. His chuckled and looked back at your gravestone. "I miss you, baby. I know you're in a better place.. and it's hard. But I love you, and I'll never stop loving you. Merry Christmas."

as soon as it's november 1
it's Christmas to me 😂

sorry this was kinda sad and sucks, but oh well.

ILY GUYS SO MUCH

s t a y  a l i v e
\- rae -/