"Kale and I," Cyan corrects. I narrow my eyes at him, "Kale and I are dating."

"Yes! I'm going to be a grandma!" Mom claps excitedly. I groan. "Ma!" Cyan yells, scrunching up his face in disgust.

"I didn't want to tell you guys because you would make a big deal out of it," I send a pointed look towards my mother.

 She pays no attention to me. Instead, she looks at my emotionless dad, "Isn't this great hon!?"

"Yeah," shrugging his shoulders, he turns back to his newspaper. I mentally sigh in relief. At least one parent has no interest in my love life- though I would say my mom packs the enthusiasm for the both of them.

She turns back to me, "We have to invite Kale to dinner!"

Before I can protest, she stops me, "I'm not giving you a choice. Tell him to come over tonight!"

"We have our project today and tomorrow," I cross my fingers and hope she lets it go.

"You guys are right next door Aurora. I'm sure coming over for two hours isn't going to hurt."

Dammit.

"Fine," I sigh.

"Great! I'll get started on the cooking!"

____________

"Hey," Kale says, opening the door. Momentarily, I forget how to talk as I look at him- a shirtless him mind you.  Kale's eyes were bright and his smile wide- somebody was in a good mood.

A really hot looking good mood.

"Uh- hey," I reply, shaking my head of graphic thoughts that kept protruding. 'Get yourself together Rory!' I tell myself.

"I love that I still make you speechless babe," Kale smirks, kissing me. Ignoring his smart ass comment, I deepen the kiss before pulling away.

"You never listen do you?" I question in amusement as I trail a finger down his muscled chest. He groans sexily, "Admit it sweetheart. You love me shirtless."

Laughing, I push past him. Of course I loved him shirtless! With a body like his, it would be a shame to hide it under clothes...

I blush as more graphic thoughts about Kale come to mind. 'Stop it Rory! Your pervert!' I scold myself in my head.

"So, um" I clear my throat, seating myself on the couch, "How's the brat?"

"You mean Kory?" Kale asks bemusedly. I wave my hand in indifference, "Potato. Potahto" Kale sits next to me, "Good," He replies. "You know she's actually not that bad."

I make a face at him, "Yes it is," I say, emphasizing the it. Kale chuckles, "I can only imagine you as a mother Rory." 

"Yeah yeah. Whatever Kale Mathews," I snuggle into him, "I don't understand how you of all people are so good with a baby."

Kale looks off in the distance with a light smile, "Yeah. I guess it's kind of surprising."

"Kind of? You mean it is!" I exclaim. "I mean that in a good way though. It's nice to see a side of you that isn't so..."

"Bad ass?" He jokingly inputs.

I elbow him, "I was going to say asshole like."

"Rory?"

"Yeah," I look up at Kale to find him staring at me in concentration. "Did you always think of me like that? As an asshole, I mean," He quickly adds. 

Automatically, my response is a nod. I couldn't really lie to Kale. He was a big jerk to me ever since I moved here and I never really knew why. 

Kale looks away. Maybe it was a mistake, but I swear I saw him look ashamed before his eyes returned to a blank state. "I'm sorry sweetheart," Kale says in remorse.