Day 13

Happy Reading!

___

Day 13

Unedited

_________

"Hey where were you yesterday? You took off kind of fast." I lean against the lockers as I wait for Kale to answer.

He stops spinning the lock to look at me, "I had to piss."

Would it kill him to tone down the vulgarity?

"Oh," I shuffle my weight awkwardly from one foot to another, "Well that's... cool."

Kale snorts in amusement as he shuts his locker, "What do you want sweetheart?"

"Nothing! Just checking up with my good old partner... you know how it is..."

Kale gives me a pointed look. I groan, "Okay fine! What do you think about me and Julian?" By his expression, I can tell I've caught him off guard, "I mean you don't think I've rushed into it do you?"

"Just last week you were swearing at me left and right and now you're asking me for dating advice?" Kale asks me incredulously.

"Yeah but we weren't friends a week ago! I think I have the right to ask you as a friend," I say defiantly.

"Right, friends..." He mutters under his breath. As I wait for an answer, I try not to think about the hurtful bitterness in his voice. Did he not want to be friends with me?

"I think," He finally says, "That you should listen to your heart." For a second I gape at him. Listen to my heart? What the hell was this? A Disney princess movie?

"God, that was so cheesy Kale!" The bastard shrugs his shoulders, "You said you wanted my advice." He takes off towards the lunchroom.

With a loud groan, I jog after him in a hurry, "Tell me the truth!"

Nothing.

"Kaaaaaaaaale!"

Abruptly he turns around so that I bump into him. Kale peers down at me, "You want to know what I actually think?"

My eyes flicker to his lips and I slowly nod.

Wait- were his lips always this pink and soft looking? I wonder if he uses one of those tinted chap sticks. If he does then I really need to get some- his lips just looked...

"Fantastic."

Eyes wide, I back away from Kale, "Wh-what?"

He sighs, "Have you not been listening to what I've been saying?"

Internally, I celebrate. He (thankfully) hadn't heard what was going through my head. If he had... Let's just say you would probably have to visit my grave to find me.

"Rory!"

"Yeah, sorry. Proceed."

Kale shakes his head before saying, "You know what? Let me just say this: I don't like Julian; He's an ass that should get castrated and sacrificed to the devil."

I gasp and punch his stomach (that was quite firm might I add), "Kale! That's so mean!" Again, he shamelessly speaks, "It's the truth."

"I should've just waited for Lanie..." I mumble to myself. At least she would have given better advice than this idiot. "Why didn't you?" Kale inquires. It takes me a second to realize he hear what I had muttered to myself. I sigh, "Because she has a hangover the size of the Asian continent. Or in other words, she has a hangover the size of your ego." Kale grins at my failed analogy, "I'll take that as a compliment sweetheart."