11. New friends in sight

The house was just like we left it. My clothes, his clothes, bed sheets and paints everywhere. It looked a mess but I was smiling at it. I love that mess. I loved the mess that he and me caused.

"Okay, Quinn, I'm waiting for you in the car. Be quick," said Greeny and went out the front door.
I ran into the bedroom and opened a bag that was full of our clothes. I found my old Jester costume and his purple coat. He must have missed it. I found a pretty blue and pink handbag that wasn't mine before. I mean he's never given me and I've never seen it before. Pink and blue were my colours. Was it a present for me? A present he could never give me. My tears fell onto the ground and I gasped for air.

"You will be free again," I whispered painfully and hugged the bag so tight as if it was my Puddin'.

I took the Jester costume, several jeans and shirts and put them into the bag. I found a pack of cigarettes, that I took as well.

I was about to go back to the car when I realised I was still almost naked. Except Vanessa's shirt and my panties, I didn't wear anything. I laughed at myself and started back when a strange noise interrupted my rush. It was like someone was searching for something. Clanky noises came from Mr. J's room. I grabed my baseball bat and walked slowly towards the room. When I was sure that there was someone there I ran into the room, held the bat ready to punch my enemy to death, when I saw her face.

"Vanessa?!," I screamed out with surprise and let my bat down. "What the hell are you doin' here?"

"I could ask the same question," she said gasping for air. She was scared of me finally.

"But I asked first and I have a pretty nice baseball bat, so answer me!," I commanded.

"Fine. I'm here to take you clothes and everything that can reminde you to your Puddin'," she said mockingly.

"To take me clothes?," I asked puzzled.

"Yeah. Wade get to know to this adress. One of his... friends told him that recently a very rich man was killed. He didn't have wife, kids. No family at all. Wade figured that his house must have been the house where you and your Joker lived for a while. So I came here," she explained.

"Why didn't you tell me so?," I replied indignantly.

"Because... because Wade told me other news, too and if I told you this one I would have told you that one also," she said glancing at the floor.

"What is it, Vanessa?," I asked, she didn't reply just stared at the floor. "Vanessa!", I shouted at her.

"Wade said he's not well. Joker is not well. He is in the Belle-Reve. He is in the same cell as you were. The guards hurt him almost every day, he's barely conscious. He is taken into Arkham only two times a weak, they are afraid that he will escape so he's not transported often," she said.

I could't say anything, I couldn't move, I couldn't breathe. I felt dizzy suddenly, I closed my eyes. I remembered every damn time when he was in the Arkham. He was brought in, he escaped, next week the same. He has done that a thousand times. But they never took him in the Belle-Reve. Belle-Reve didn't even exist when they got him last time. I knew it would be different this time! I knew he won't be able to just escape on his own! I knew it! And yet I wasn't quick enough.

I don't know how but when I opened my eyes again, I was on the floor. My body was shaking, my heart was pounding, it hurt. I wanted to scream but the sound didn't came out of my throat. It was a silent scream, deep inside my heart.

"Harley! Harley get up! I haven't finished it yet," said Vanessa and shook my shoulders.

"Haven't you? He is dead, isn't he? Or he will be so soon?," I asked hoarsely.

"No, Harley, he is not! He won't be dead as long as you live," she said.
"What do you mean?," I looked at her puzzled.

"He is captured by Amanda Waller. That woman thinks that you will ran for him immediately and she will have you and him as well. Do you see finally?," she asked. Wait a minute! He is captured because of me?!

"It's my fault," I whispered.

"What?," she asked confused. "No, Harley, it's not! But Wade and I, we know how can you escape him without staying there," she said grinning.

"How?," I asked quickly.

"You won't like it," she grimaced.
"Tell me!"

"You have to change into Dr. Harleen Quinzel," she said out at last.

*****************

I didn't see my reflection while Vanessa was dyeing my hair. Actually she didn't allow me to, because she said if I saw myself I wouldn't let her to do it. She was probably right. I hated the thought that I would he Harleen again. Not to mention I was afraid as hell of the fact that if I was going to look like her, I would change into her also.

I sat in a chair staring at my nails. They were black originally, but now the colour was barely noticeable.

"Sorry for leaving you alone," Vanessa said suddenly. I was surprised, didn't think that she would apologise.

"Sorry for thinking you betrayed me and...," I stopped and thought of Green Arrow. Wait, was he still waiting for me?, I thought and jumped up from the chair.

"What are you doing, Harley?! I can't dye your hair if you...," she said angrily but I wasn't there already. I ran out looking for his car. I couldn't find it first but when I finally did I rushed towards it.

He sat in the car talking to someone on the phone.

"Are you ready, Pigtail?," he asked as if I was away just for a few seconds, not for hours.

"Nope. Come to that I have some things to do here, Greeny," I said carefully.

"What things, Pigtail?," he asked and looked at me.

"Nothing bad! Okay, so remember the girl who I thought betrayed me? So she hasn't betrayed me. She is here and helping me. We have a plan but for that plan I need to be... someone else," I explained.

"What...?," he started when Vanessa rushed out the house towards us.

"Who the hell is this, Harley?," she shouted.

"He is...," I started but was interrupted again.

"I am Green Arrow, you might have heard of me. The real question is who the hell are you?"

"I am Vanessa Wilson, Harley's... friend," she answered.

"So now you do have help, so you don't need me," said Green Arrow and I was about to say yes when Vanessa replied in my stead.

"We still need your help. My husband is strong but he is just one person. We need you, too and it would be brilliant if you could get a third person," she said. Greeny didn't say a word just stared at Vanessa like he was thinking about her sanity.

"How the hell do you think I can get a third hero to help escape the country's most wanted criminal?," he asked slowly and quietly. Maybe he really thought Vanessa was silly.

"You are Green Arrow, yeah? You're not the kindest hero. You're not really a hero. You're killing and things. Your friends are the same. We need them," Vanessa explained.

"My friends?," he asked puzzled.

"For example I heard you know The Flash. You don't just know him. You are friends," said Vanessa. I grinned at her. She was informed and she could use it. I liked that girl even more.

"Flash?," he repeated.

"Do you think you can get him to help us?," she asked. Greeny didn't answered immediately. He stared at the wheel quietly. Eventually he sighed and said:

"Yes, I guess, I can get him," he said.

"Perfect. Thank you, Green Arrow," said Vanessa and smiled at him sweetly. "Now come, we need to finish your hair," she said to me.

"Very well," I said still grinning.

"Wait, Vanessa!," stopped us Greeny.

"Yes?"

"Who is your husband?," he asked.
"His name is Wade Wilson, but you may know him as Deadpool."
Wait! Deadpool?!