The girl didn’t look phased or hurt at all, which surprised me. Most would be.

I’m sure she noticed how on-edge I was because she spoke quickly and rather bluntly.

“I don’t know if you already know this or not-maybe you do, I don’t know-but I just wanted to let you know that Sky’s in the city-“

That got my attention.

 “Wait, what?”

“Yeah, I’m like 99% sure she is.”

“What?”

I couldn’t even form a sentence. How absurd and random. 

“Sky-your girlfriend-“ 

“She’s not my girl-“

“-is in LA.”

 “How do you know this?”

“Because I saw her at the airport.”

 “What do you mean you saw her at the airport? What airport?”

  “Are you telling me the truth because I’m not in the mood to be lied to.”

 How could she get on a plane without getting noticed? Like really.

She shook her head.

“No, I swear I’m telling the truth.”

“Then how’d she get past security? And no one spotted her? How did-“

“I, um” she paused, “I helped her get past security.”

I stared at her, trying to get her to back down. But she didn’t.

“So you are saying she is here.” I stated slowly, watching her closely.

She nodded. 

“I would’ve thought she’d have already found you but I guess not.” She shrugged.

“When did you last see her?”

 She shrugged once again.

“I don’t know, like a day ago? Two? We met in London, not here.”

“And who are you again?”

“Amy.”

“And you were on the same plane? You were friends?” 

“Um, it’s a long story-ish. I just helped her get past security and whatnot. That’s about it.” 

“So she’s here?” I questioned again, getting more and more uneasy as this conversation went on. 

“See, this is where the 1% chance she might not be here comes in. I just assumed she would be flying here since, well, you know,” she gestured towards me. “I never really asked her. She was in a hurry.“ 

I had to close my eyes and take a deep breath because otherwise I would…I would…I would just get really unstable.

She could be seriously anywhere.

 The logical place she’d fly to would be here, but who knows? What if she wanted to hide out in New York or Canada or Asia?

“Hey, don’t worry about her. She seemed pretty determined to get here. She’s just probably shopping or something…?” 

I bit back a bitter laugh.

Sky? Shopping?

I appreciated how she tried to calm me down since we literally just met a couple of minutes ago, but it didn’t exactly work.