Chapter 6

Dedicated to christomlinson91 for her amazing idea! I like used some of it word for word. Thank you so much :) 

I hope this is ok. Sorry for the long author's note at the end.

~~~~~~

 Ali's POV: (2029)

"Whoa, mate, I was just-"

"I don't give a damn about what you were just going to do, get away from her before-"

"Calm down, gosh." the man stood up, facing Nick this time instead of me. "I was only conforting herr..." he trailed off staring at Nick's face.

Like inspecting Nick's face.

Ok, creepy.

You can't judge a book by it's cover but you can sure judge it by its actions.

"A-Are you...-"

"Get away and leave us alone" Nick snarled before pushing the man out of the way and heading for me. "You ok? Did he hurt you?"

I shook my head.

"N-No, I-I was just crying and-"

"You were crying? Why??" Nick whipped his head towards the Liam, sizing him up.

Though Liam was about the same height as Dad, Liam was like a stick compared to the latter.

"B-Because..." I whispered, feeling super shy and embarrassed with having two sets of eyes on me. "I was-you know what? It doesn't matter." 

"It does, now, if this man had anything to do with it-"

"I didn't do anything!-"

"He didn't, he was just comforting me. No need to go all attack-mode on him, geeze."

All the while, the man just hung on the sides, almost to a point where he was half covered in shadows.

"I--I know I shouldn't be meddling, and boy do I sound like a stalker, but, uh, what's your name?"

Well that's a blunt question kind of.

"Me or-"

"Him."

"Nick...why?"

 He seemed to ponder it for a second before he spoke again.

"You sure?"

"Gosh, man, just leave us alone or we'll call the police."

He put his hands up in surrender.

"No, no you don't have to do that, I was just, erm, just saying because you look, um, familiar."

"Oh."

"But I-I guess--nevermind." Liam shook his head, stuttering every so often. 

"Ali, let's go" Nick whispered in my ear, gently tugging at my arm. 

To where? I wanted to ask but decided against it when I saw the uneasiness in Nick's eyes.

"Oh, ok."

The awkward silence that hung around all of our heads annoyed me so much.

Do we just leave or-

"Where're you two going? It's getting kind of late here." Liam piped up, still glancing at Nick's face.

"It's none of your business." Nick snapped, tugging more harshly now on my arm.

"It kind of is, Kid, I can't just leave knowing you two are wandering the streets or whatever."