3:01

| THE AFTERMATH:CHAPTER ONE |

| THE AFTERMATH:
CHAPTER ONE |

"You know, for a minute, I thought I'd brought you back for you to sleep for all of time." Rhea spoke up from her seat across the room, she'd been reading a book when she heard Kol start to stir, he'd been asleep for three days and she was starting to worry.

"Regenerating from ashes takes a lot out of a man," he groaned as he got out of the bed and started walking towards her, "But you and I both know my stamina is usually a lot more impressive." He said with a smirk.

Rhea rolled her eyes, but she couldn't help the blush that spread across her face.

"You have no idea how badly I want to kiss you right now." He confessed.

Rhea smirked, "Well what're you waiting for?" Kol stopped walking, glancing up at the sunlight that was streaming through the large window in Rhea's bedroom.

He held his hand up to the sunlight, causing it to burn, he groaned slightly, "Well I can take the heat." He finally yanked his hand away, "If it means I get to kiss you, but I don't think you'd be too pleased if I burnt down your apartment."

Rhea avoided his gaze, she'd forgotten that he was now back to being an original, she didn't want him to go back to how he used to be— in fear of losing him again because of his antics.

"Kol, when you were a witch.. You were so different and now you're a vampire again, I don't want you to go back to being a—" he cut her off.

"A psychotic maniac." He gave her an understanding smile, he realised that being with him all these years had come at a cost for her, so many times she had been hurt because of him and a majority of the time, because of his actions. He swore he was going to be better this time, for her.

Rhea rolled her eyes, "You're so over dramatic."

"Rhea," he started, "I know that in the past, my own actions have lead to my death, and seeing you in so much pain, crippled me. You've always looked after me, so this time, let me look after you. I promise you can trust me."

Rhea gave him a small smile, hoping his words were true before walking towards him. When she got close, she immediately leant forward to kiss him. The kiss was passionate, yet sweet, all at the same time. Their starved lips losing themselves in the other.

Kol reluctantly pulled away slightly and held up his hand, "I really need you to put a ring on this finger."

"Funny, I'm sure I've been saying those words for centuries." She teased, Kol grinned, a mischievous twinkle in his eye.