Chapter 12

When Paige opened her eyes she was back in the place where this had all started. But it was different, no one was around no guards or nurses, no Darius or Eric. They walked around the building and they could tell that they had left in a hurry because they didn't take anything with them. But everything was wiped clean. No prints or anything to help the case was left behind. They walked up the hallway to the last door. "This was Eric's office" says Paige. The team breaks down the door and they all barge in and see Eric on the floor surrounded by blood. He had been stabbed thirty-seven times, a murder that would take a lot of hate and time to commit. On his chest was a note addressed to Paige she picked it up and read

"I'm doing things my way now. We'll see each other soon, I'm sure of it.

-Darius"

Paige dropped the note and stepped back and slipped and fell on top of Eric's body. Blood was all over her clothes, she turned around and ran outside sunk to her knees and threw up. She was covered in Eric's blood, Darius' partner. If he was willing to kill Eric this brutally she could only imagine what he would do if he ever got his hands back on them. They were home, but they were far from safe. Darius was out there waiting for them to let there guards down.

---------

Paige teleported back to the police station. Erin was the first to see her and she gasped "Paige!" She was pale and covered in blood and in her hand she held a crumpled note. "Are you okay?" "It's Eric" she replied, "Darius killed him and left me this note. How did he know I would go back Erin? I'm scared." With that Harry came in the room apologizing to Louis and Zayn for shocking them when he saw her and stopped short. Paige ran into his arms and, between sobs, told him what had happened. After Paige changed clothes they all sat down to talk. "We all want to see our families" said Liam, "but I'm just not sure if it's smart to split up right now. We know Darius is watching us and he has the resources to kidnap us again. Niall would be the only one that could see an attack coming and together we can defeat them, but separated we are weak." They knew that what Liam had said was smart, but they lived all over England and Ireland and Erin and Paige lived in the United States. They had been separated from their families for a year and wanted to spend time with them. So they made a plan. They would meet every week on Saturday, which would be easy because Paige could teleport them to each other. But separating was still hard especially for Erin and Niall and Harry and Paige. They would be an ocean apart and if something happened they couldn't be there in time to help each other. However, Erin and Paige were only going home for three months then they would come back to England and go back to work and their old lives, they guessed. No one had really thought that far ahead. They went one at a time Paige teleporting them outside their homes until only Erin, Niall, Harry, and herself were left. They stood apart from each other saying their goodbyes. Even though it would only be a week before they saw each other again they knew that Darius would most likely go after the two of them since they were separated from everyone else. Paige convinced Harry that she would be fine because she could read anyone's mind that came close to her and she promised that if she was attacked she wouldn't stay and fight, that she would teleport away. And Erin promised Niall that she would never take down her force field and she would be on her guard at all times. Paige touched Niall's arm and took him to his home, where everyone knew he would be safe because he could feel the vibrations whenever someone was walking around him. Then Paige took Harry home and it was just Erin and her left. "You ready?" Asked Paige "yes" said Erin. When they opened their eyes they were in Erin's front yard, "go on in" said Paige, "I'll be back later to make sure everything's all right." Then she was outside her house. She stood there for a little bit just looking at the red brick, looking at her house, the place she had dreamt about for the last year. Then the front door opened and her younger sister Alex came out carrying a trash bag. She looked up and dropped the bag and ran and hugged Paige "you're back!" Was all she shouted as they started to cry.