03: Power Trip

Poetic Justice

Chapter 3: Power Trip

*Kaliah

After talking to Sky, I went back down stairs to prepare to leave.

I really don't want to be here any longer, due to everyone having their own problem.

"Where you bout to go Kali?" Nipsey asked

"Home" I mumbled grabbing my phone and keys.

"Why?" Kendrick asked sitting up

"Cause" I said

"Cause what?, that's not a real answer Kali" he said annoyed..clearly

"I just rather be in my own house" I mugged him

"Ard I'ma take you" he stood up I would object but I know being in the mood he's in he'll snap on me.

"Fine" I rolled my eyes I said my bye's to all the guys heading to the door almost walking out that is until Kendrick grabbed me roughly by my waist.

"Don't leave out this house without me" he said by my ear making me shiver. "Hurry up then Kenny" I said lowly calling him one of his many nicknames. He only chuckled lowly releasing my waist wrapping his conversation up with the guys.

He grabbed a hold of my hand opening the front door and my worst night mare was awaiting outside. Sherane. She's Kendrick's ex girl that he always take back no matter what she does to him. Any chances I had with him are gone. "Well well well if it isn't Kali" a devilish smirk danced onto her face. Sherane was indeed pretty, she had dark smooth skin, long weave, she's everything I'm not. I'm not dark I'm down skinned. I don't have long stylish colorful hair, I just have 2 tone brown and black hair.

"Hi Sherane" I said dryly

"Hey K dot" she said referring to Kendrick "Wassup" he nodded to her

"I was in the hood, so I thought I would stop by" she said with that devilish smile never leaving her face. Come on son you ain't just IN the 'hood', she knew he would be here. And Kendrick being the person he is, he takes her back.

*Kendrick

I watched Sherane's eyes lowered to Kali and I's hand linked together.

"I'm gonna go home" Kali said lowly letting go of my hand.

"No wait in the car" I gave her my keys She snatched the keys out of my hand leaving Sherane and I to talk.

Sherane laughed lowly walking into the curb

"That's a feisty girl"

"What do you expect she greet you with open arms?" I asked chuckling myself at my own thoughts. She chuckled again

"I see that people still hold grudges around here" See I'm glad Kali wasn't here, because he probably would have jumped on Sherane.

"What do you want?" I asked I'm a fairly patient man to a certain point. But Sherane knows her limit and she's pushing me there granted she knows that.

"Wow I can't speak to you?! I was your girlfriend once" she raised her voice

"BUT you're not now! Are you done?" I asked growing tired

"I miss us" she said frowning HA! Us? This whole 'us' was FAKE, a LIE.

"Really Sherane what do you want?" I asked again more firmly

"You! Kendrick I miss us. I miss you" she said again

"Yea,Yea,yea,yea tell me more" I heard Kali's voice

"Didn't k said wait in the car?" she turned to her

"Yeah well you're holding up my freaking time, and I come out to hear you poring out your heart. Move on and most importantly do it quick" Kali said shocking both Sherane and myself sending me on a power trip.

Kali can be one of the sweetest person you could ever met, but push her to that limit and you'll get ever bit of that Compton thug in her. Sherane was just as surprised even lost for words.

"Now kendrick may we leave?" Kali turned to me I nodded sending an apologetic look to Sherane.

I followed Kali lead getting in the car ready for this argument were about to have.