Chapter 5 - Knowing You

Start from the beginning

To upkeep appearances in front of the Alpha, Ciel tried his best to support Theo's Successor work so that the Alpha would not suspect that they were on terrible terms. He would help to prepare documents for Theo while keeping out of his way, making sure that he made no errors. He wanted to be useful in the pack without making Theo angry, without having to face his wrath. At the same time, he hoped that Theo would one day see some good in having him around. Perhaps they could start off with being friends first. But he wasn't even sure that was possible with everything that has happened between them.

As the days passed, Ciel realised that his need to bond with his pack grew stronger, and he decided to join the warriors' training as well. Anything to spend time with his pack members, even if it was just mock fighting and training together, not engaging in meaningful conversation. It would at least placate his inner wolf's need to be around others.

As he trained, he realised how weak he seemed, compared to the rest of them in terms of strength. They were all built fitter and bigger than him, packing a mean punch in each swing. Their steps were larger, they were more brutal and determined than he was. But that didn't deter him. Not even as he returned to his room each day with bruises and cuts from being beaten up and defeated at training. It only helped to fuel his desire to eventually contribute to this pack by becoming a strategist here as well. He may not be warrior material, but he was good with strategy and was good at ranged attacks. Maybe one day he would do enough to prove himself that he could offer his services as strategist. Until then, he will grit his teeth and train hard to be recognised. After all, after the two designated years passes, he would have to call this place his home for the rest of his life. He needed to serve some purpose, or he would just be a waste of resources.

Zipping up his pants and throwing on his training suit, Ciel tilted his neck side to side to stretch his muscles. He stared at the weapon lying on his bed nervously. He had not used his guns in the time that he was here, seeing as how the members here never trained with one. He didn't even know if they had a shooting range for him to practice at, but his hands were itching to do something he was familiar with. Everything that he had been doing here since he arrived was foreign and it left him feeling as though he had lost himself. If he could just do one thing that reminded him of who he was, this was it. Besides, he was starting to worry that he would grow rusty from the lack of practice.

Determined to get some training done, Ciel picked up his holster, looping it into his belt and fastening it around his waist. He picked up his most treasured gun, smiling slightly as the familiar weight and coolness of the metal rested in his palm. He handled his gun expertly, checking to make sure that it was up to standard for use later. Even though he had not been shooting his guns, he had made sure to maintain them properly and regularly. They were his pride and joy after all.

As he secured his gun properly in his holster, Ciel pulled on his boots and begin to lace them. With a strange sense of excitement, Ciel hopped to his feet with a satisfied smile, taking off in a jog out of his room, down the corridor, down the stairs, across the hall, out the foyer, heading straight for the training grounds. He couldn't wait to squeeze the trigger at a target. He missed the jerk of the gun in his hand, the sound of the bullet sliding out of the gun, slicing the air as it propelled towards its target. It was an art, and Ciel could see it all happen in his mind's eye. He supressed a giggle at his thoughts, hoping he didn't look like a grinning fool.

Nearing the training grounds, Ciel frowned when he noticed that Theo was standing with the twins, talking to one of the head warriors. He rarely came for their trainings here as he had his own personal trainer. Ciel had declined the Alpha when he suggested Ciel could join Theo for his personal training, insisting that he should be given the same opportunities as the other pack members and not be treated specially. To be honest, Ciel just didn't want to give Theo any opportunity to hurt him. Training together was the perfect reason for Theo to beat the crap out of Ciel and he would like to avoid that.