Capitulo Cinco (completed)

> Alpha Damien Xeron

When my mate finally wakes up, my wolf is practically howling in joy.

All the years of searching, finally over with, and to think, all because she had fallen asleep on my territory by complete chance.

She has the most unique eyes I'd ever seen. They were the color of light brown when the sun hits them, and held so much power and confidence, yet fear.

In fact, it rolled off her in waves and I wondered, vaguely, what rank she was in her pack, no doubt the daughter of a powerful Alpha or maybe even a Beta, but what had her so scared?

I push that thought aside,''Glad to see you're awake. You gave me quite a scare back there...mate.''I say huskily, eyeing her body greedily, yet trying to keep those thought at bay.

She was beautifully curved in all the right places. Any other woman, I'd waste no time in getting between their legs but this one was different, my mate.

I'd wait years for that special moment if she so desired. But of course, I had no problems in mating now if that was her chose as well.

She stares at me in confusion before leaping out of the bed and backing away, rambling about not wanting to be my mate.

My wolf growls,''How dare she not want us?!'' attempting to take over, but I push him away. I had waited too long to mess this up now.

I push my wolf away and push my mate into the wall as gentle but firmly as I can, I can't let her get away this easily.

Her scent is intoxicatingly delicious and makes me feel drunk in a warm way and I could tell she felt the same as I kissed along her neck....or at least she did for a brief moment.

Suddenly, the scent dims and I frown as she shoves me roughly to my bed.

It catches me off guard yet excites my wolf nonetheless until my mate presses herself into the corner in a defensive crouch.

Sadness and betrayal go through me as I try to approach again, but she growls once more.

''Wres,Buren come here. I need your help with my mate.'' I mindlink.

I hear them chuckling slightly as they come,''Aw the big bad Alpha finally finds his mate and he's too weak to tame her?''Wres asks teasingly, before quickly adding,"Just kidding bro-Alpha. It happens. We'll be right there."

I sigh softly in relief, Wres could be an asshole at times but he was genuine and a good friend when he knew things were serious.

Me and him had been friends since childhood, even Buren. It was only natural they became my closest, most trusted Betas when the time was right.

I watch as they carefully attack, and ultimately, take her down, holding her hands roughly behind her back.

It aches my chest to see her like this and as she started rambling again I realize just how wrong I have been in my approach.

"Release her and leave us. I'm really bad at this mate thing." I groan to my Betas via mindlink, watching them exchange worried glances but nonetheless leave us alone, carefully closing the door behind themselves.

Before she can speak again I grab her and held her tightly in my arms, hoping the sparks from our bond feel the same for her as they do for me, that they can quiet the doubt in her brain.

"I'm sorry, I can only imagine how all of this must seem but please believe me when I say you're my mate, I would never let anything hurt you, let alone myself," I pause for a moment, pushing back gently to hold her at arms length and look into her beautiful eyes again before sheepishly adding,"And normally we would be closer in age but things like environmental stress, hormones, and in my case add on taking the throne early and here you have us. Although I am 26 I promise I'll go at your pace and-," I pause, my eyes drifting to the necklace around her neck,"and by chance where did you find that?"

It wasn't an expensive one in price, mind you, but it was owned exclusively by a small group vampire goddesses, a gift from the Moon Goddess herself to show that vampires were her creations as well and to ease some of the tensions that had started between them and werewolves.

Unfortunately not all wolves feel the same. Some are more hostile than others.

She stares at me quietly not speaking, her eyes filled with so many emotions I could only imagine what she was thinking.

Through our bond, albeit still weak, I could at least feel them all.

Anger. Sadness. Confusion. Fear. They bounced off one another and twisted together until finally, before I could speak again she shoved me away, her clothes ripping as she shifted into her wolf form.

It was the most beautiful and pure shade of white wold I had ever seen, but it was unbelievably scrawny for her to be 18.

An image of her collarbones and small wrists flash into my mind and I grit my teeth in anguish as she trots across the floor before breaking through the window of the 6th floor.

I groan quietly, cursing myself for 3 reasons.

1, making such a luxurious pack house with 6 damn floors.

2, not having more solid windows.

And 3, being awful at talking to women when I'm not trying to get in their pants.

''Catch the rouge woman that jumped from the pack house and do not hurt her! Anyone that does will be severely punished." I mindlink to everyone standing outside who just so happen to be 3 of my patrol men, heading to swap out the early morning crew.

"That's Alpha for you. Always stingy with the sexy ones." One of them comments nastily.

Before I can respond they all surged on her, careful to bide by my commands.

She was too scrawny for a fall like that, even with her heightened strength, so it didn't take much for her to collapse and admit defeat, her eyes full of fury and defeat.

I strip my shirt off and offer it her, watching as she hastily puts it on as I  send a nasty glare to one of the retreating men, making a note to have him properly punished.

I make a second mental note to question her on her experience in the dungeon later as I help her to her feet despite her protests.

I carefully hold her hands in mine, tracing over the rough calluses as I look into her eyes,

"What can I promise to make you stay?"