"No," she started, stumbling out of bed, she walked towards Kol, who only held his hand out— stopping her from coming closer.

"Please, do not make this harder than it is. My family and I will be leaving after the wedding." He sighed, studying her face for what could be, the last time, "Goodbye, sweet Rhea."

In the blink of an eye, he was gone. Rhea could already feel it, the deep sadness had blanketed over her within seconds. She felt like someone had just ripped her in half and walked away with said half, she had never felt such pain in her life. Nothing good could come out of Kol leaving her, she wasn't sure she ever recover from this— or ever feel whole again.

She fell to her knees, the tears falling rapidly from her eyes. Letting out a heartbreaking yelp, she was borderline hysterical. Someone wrapped their arms around her, with a quick glance, she could see it was her brother, Ares.

"Sister.." he said slowly, "Please see this as Kol keeping you safe. He didn't want to hurt you." Kol had informed Ares of Tristan's threat and whilst Ares didn't want to see his sister heartbroken, he knew it was their only choice at the time.

"What do I do now? I cannot live a life without him." Rhea said between sobs.

"You're going to sleep, you're going to wake up in the morning and you're going to marry Tristan. You're going to smile and act like the happiest woman in the world, until we figure out a way to leave this godforsaken place." He told her, he was scared that his sister would not be able to marry Tristan with the Mikaelsons watching— but he knew not to underestimate his sister.

▽▲▽▲▽

Night had fallen over Marseille on the next day, Rhea was now a married woman. She had not so much as glanced in the Mikaelson's direction during the ceremony, in fear she would break down, though out of the corner of her eye— she saw Kol slip away halfway through.

She hadn't seen any them after, so she imagined they had already left. She tried to suppress the urge to retreat to her room and never come back out. Surprisingly enough, she hadn't seen her husband in a while, either, slipping away from the festivities— she started her search for Tristan.

What Rhea didn't expect to find, was Tristan in his bedroom, face buried in the neck of a servant, trickles of blood running from her neck to the floor— this was something she knew only the Mikaelson's to be capable of.

"Tristan?" She said quietly, his face snapped to hers, the dark veins around his eyes and the fangs protruding confirmed her suspicions, he was like them.

"Tristan? I'm Elijah Mikaelson."

▽▲▽▲▽

"You got everything you need to break the sire link?" Marcel asked Rhea, who looked visibly stressed as she looked over all of the notes she'd gathered one last time.

"Almost. Aya's getting the rest. Davina should be ready by sunrise. It'll be fine, Marcel, I promise. You may feel some warmth when the spell begins, but it'll pass when the link's broken." She informed the vampire who didn't look convinced, "I know that face, you don't think Davina can do it."

"Crazy spell, substitute hearts. Creepy witches helping Davina out. What if that warmth is the last thing I feel, Rhea?" Marcel was visibly worried, it wasn't that he didn't have faith in the witches, but this was big- bigger than all of them.