Chapter 5

I went to look for Harry. I didn't know if I was allowed to go in the other room so I didn't. I didn't see him out in the open, so I walked back to my room. I sat on the bed admiring the room. It was very nice. I turned on the television and sat back on the bed. I flipped through the channels, until I found something to watch. I finally stopped when I saw SpongeBob. I sat there on the bed watching tv. I slowly drifted off to sleep.

*******

I woke up to screaming. I slowly sat up,I checked the clock for what time it was. It was four in the morning.

"No!" Someone screamed. It sounded like my mom. I got up and slowly opened the door. I was back at my house. I walked to the stair case. As I slowly padded down the stairs, there was muffled voices.

"Get off of me!" My mother screamed. It was happening again. I ran up the stairs, and went for my closet again.

"Come out little girl. We're not going to hurt you. I just want you to watch your mother as I'm inside- Wake up!" I started getting confused. What did he mean wake up. "Wake up Tessa!" I started shaking.

My eyes flew open. It was a nightmare. "Wake up!" Someone yelled. I was covered in sweat. I sat up quickly. I banged my head on the other persons head. "Ow!" I rubbed my eyes to clean my blurry vision. It was Harry. He was standing, rubbing his forehead. My head started pounding.

"I'm sorry." I said quietly, while rubbing my head where I hit it.

"Whatever, you were screaming. You woke me up!"

"I'm sorry I didn't know."

"Okay, well if you mind I'm going back to bed, since it's four in the morning!" He yelled. I quickly jumped and grabbed his wrist.

"No! I mean c-could you stay and watch tv with me?" I asked shyly.

"No! Now get off of me." He once again yelled. I walked back to my bed as he left the room. My eyes started tearing up. I started crying. I missed my mom. Now she's gone all because of those strangers. A sob escaped my mouth. I heard a door slam, and footsteps. My door opened. Harry came walking in. "Fine, now will you stop crying?" He asked, while closing the door and walking towards the bed. He sat up on the bed.

"Th-thank you."I said wanting to hug him. I grabbed the remote and handed it to him. "What do you want to watch?" I asked.

"I don't know. What do you like to watch?" He asked still sounding mad.

"I like to watch SpongeBob!" I beamed.

"Okay, well then put it on." I started flicking through the channels looking for it.

*******

After a couple of minutes of just silence, except the tv I finally asked the question. "Why don't you like me?" I asked turning to face him.
He looked at me for a couple of seconds before answering.

"It's not that I dislike you, but I don't like you either." He said confused at his own words.

"Why are you so mean?"

"Because I can! Your really nosey!" He yelled, crossing his arms and slouching back against the wall. I turned my attention back to the tv.

Eventually we fell asleep. I didn't go back into my nightmare. The rest of my sleep was peaceful.