Chapter 3 - Asher

Depuis le début

"Elton"  I call.

He ignored me and gets on his white horse.

"I'm sorry Merida, but I must go"

"But Elton,-" He runs off before I finish my sentence.

I feel like a complete bampot, is it true though? Do I feel something for Macintosh? How can I know for sure?

As time goes by the more problems surise. There's little time left, I don't know what to do, maybe it's finally time to ask my Ma' for advice. I'll need that eel, I need to talk to my Pa' as well.

"Do what yer heart tells ye Merida and ye'll never worry" My mum says.

We are in what once was my Pa's study. It took me long to find my mum over all the racket with the maids and the cooks, this definitely had something to do with my brothers.

I try to grin but the worriness in my face is solid.

"But what if I don't know what it wants?" I ask.

"Trust me dear, ye'll know if yer patient and give it time, yer mind and heart will agree" Mum hold my hands.  –"Merida; I want ye to know that I trust ye but please make the best decision for ye and for yer kingdom."

"I will Mum, I won't let ye down" I promise.

"Good, now go ma' dear " She stood up.   –"I must talk to your brothers now"

"Don't tell me I have to write another letter" I complain.

"No my dear this time it's about other matters" She faced the door.

"What kind of matters mum?" I curiously.

  Mum turned to face me and placed her hands on my shoulders.   –"We'll discuss this later right now ye've got a choice to make."

"Okay, but don't think I'll-"

"Yes Merida of course I know I'm yer mother, now run along!" Mum cuts me off.

I smile.

I noticed mother had never been so serious about the boys, it worries me they have gotten in huge troubles. I love them but I can't always show up to save their arses. I'm no ones slave, I'm free... I guess. No Merida keep yer heid I mean right now I can't deal with another situation.

Angus and I took a relaxing stroll through the woods. Feeling that breeze hit me was the best feeling ever and I knew it wouldn't last long enough for it to make me forget all the problems swirling my heid. There time flew away, completely taking me aback to the times I when I was younger, free and when my Pa' was still here.

I dismount Angus so he can take a break, I walk peacefully in search of some blueberry bushes.

As soon as I found one I noticed something odd, there was a reddish fluffy thing in the bush.

It cried.

A young fox. I thought.

I sure hope the momma fox isn't anyway near. Although I doubt she would leave her kit all alone unprotected.

I bent down to peek at the kit.

The kit couldn't be older then 2 months. I carefully picked it from the bush and ran towards Angus.

I showed it to Angus but he seemed a little freaked out. Instincts.

The kit was still crying, he had red fur, the point of his tail and belly where white; his paws and his ears with black and he was very adorable. I had to take him, he was also a ginger like me.

"I will keep him and his name shall be Asher."

–Authors note:

Sorry for the literally month-long break, many things going on and well spending time with family. I hope you like this chapter, please comment and vote. Have a wonderful day. God bless you!

See ya later,
-NJ😁