An Annoying Gnat

Arren pulled the rag from her apron pocket, wiping off one of the tables with a sigh, "I really wish they would clean up after themselves!" She dropped the abandoned plates into a plastic tub. She brushed her bangs away from her face and continued wiping off the table. She dropped a few stray coins into her pocket.

"What's found is earned."

Arren groaned inwardly and tried to ignore him. She moved to another table and repeated the cleaning process silently, dropping the dishes into the tub. She shoved the rag in her pocket and pushed one of the chairs in. She turned and looked the prince over. He looked at her expectantly. She swerved passed him and pushed in the other chair.

"I just came to apologize."

Arren turned her head towards the ceiling, taking a deep breath. She rolled her head back and looked at him, "What I want is to be left alone. And I don't want an apology just because your sister told you to come give me one. I want one that you actually mean." Arren shook her head, "But I guess that'll never happen, so... Being left alone is the best thing you could do for me right now. Please excuse me." she grabbed the dish tub and made her way back to the kitchen.

The prince followed her, "Why are you so rude?"

"Why are you so condescending?" She countered, "Get out of the kitchen."

"And demanding?"

"I'm demanding?" She scoffed, "Right, okay."  she pressed her back against the door and entered the kitchen. She dropped the dishes into the empty sink.

"Where's everyone else?"

Arren whirled around and yelled, "I told you to get out of the kitchen!" she shooed him away, "No one who doesn't work here is allowed in the kitchen! Out!"

"I'm not leaving until you answer my questions!"

"Why do you even care, huh?" She asked, "You don't care about us any other time!" She froze and looked away, "Don't answer that." she turned back to the sink and began to rinse the dishes off before loading them into the dishwasher.

The prince grinned at her, leaning against the counter, "So that's why you don't like me."

"Correction." Arren clenched her jaw, "I don't like you because you're a self-centered little rich boy who doesn't care about anyone but himself."

"That's harsh."

Arren closed the dishwasher and got close to his face, "It's true," she snarled. She pushed herself away from him and grabbed the bowls on the counter before entering the dining portion of the pub. She placed the bowls on the table before the princess, "That should help, even if just a little." She side stepped passed the prince and motioned to the seat, "Well go on. I won't stop you." He hesitated to sit down, "Don't worry. I didn't make it. It's not poisoned." She smirked and walked towards an empty table.