The Royal Pains

James looked at the girl. Her eyes were sparkling with amusement, "What do you mean?"

The girl shook her head, "You barge in here, all demanding and whatnot. I didn't appreciated that. I hit you. You don't appreciate that. In my eyes, that's what we call even. Now, if you don't mind, please let go. I have a job to do."

He released her hand, shocked, "I... but... you..."

The girl rolled her dark eyes, "Save it for someone who cares. Hungry?"

"We are just waiting out the storm," James looked down, "my sister is-"

"Sick," the girl looked down at the table, "how about some soup then? It'll help." The girl turned, "Watts!"

James jumped slightly when the old man appeared in the window, "What do you want, Kingsleigh? I asked you to do something!"

"I am doing it!" The girl smiled, "Soup."

"What about it?" The old man asked.

"Watts!" She laughed, "Make some. Your guest is sick."

"My guest? Who is it? The Grimm Reaper?" He chuckled.

"Har har," she put her hands on her hips again, "it's the royal pains."

"You ought to be more respectful, Kingsleigh."

"Is that your name?" James interrupted.

The girl turned. She seemed shocked that he had spoken, "Uh... Yes and no. It's my last name. He calls me by that instead of my first name."

"What's your first name?" James tilted his head.

"Wouldn't you like to know," she grinned, "soup, Watts, maintenant!"

"Don't French at me!" Watts called.

"Yeah, yeah," she shook her head, "just do it, please. I have cleaning to do."  She made her way back to the kitchen. James slid back into his seat.

His sister smiled, "So much for staying below par, brother." she coughed violently as she tried to laugh, "... I can't believe she hit you."

"I can't believe she laughed when she found out who I was," he rubbed his cheek, "that hurt too!"

"She is nice," Hannah looked towards the kitchen.

"She just hit me, Hannah!" James stared at her.

"She is taking care of us, in a manner of speaking," Hannah nodded her head towards the girl.

James looked up, the girl was returning to them, "Here." she placed two cups of water on the table. She didn't wait for an answer, but immediately turned around.