Trespassers

Arren looked up as the pub's door slammed closed. Two cloaked figures were standing before the door, whispering. The shorter of the two coughed violently. Arren sighed, "I'm sorry, but we're closed." Neither figure acknowledged her. The taller of the pair simply steered the other forward. Arren rolled her eyes, wiping down the kitchen counter, "Just make yourselves at home I guess..." she muttered.

"Kingsleigh!"

Arren's head snapped up, "Yeah?"

Gregory Watson gripped her shoulder, "Do me a favor and go see what they want. From the look of it, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon."

Arren looked out of the kitchen's window. The pair had seated themselves close to the bar. Arren groaned, dropping the rag, "Alright, Watts. But I better be getting paid overtime for this." she entered the dining room. She stood beside the table, "Look," she placed her hands on her hips, "I really am sorry, but we are closed."

"Maybe you should lock the door," the taller sneered.

Arren clenched her fist, "Maybe you should learn to read the sign."

"Will will stay here until the storm passes," He stated, as if she had never spoken.

Arren was shocked by his audacity, "I don't know who you think you are," she leaned onto the table, close to his cloaked face, "but if you think you can come in here, while we're closed, and tell us what you're going to do, you are sorely mistaken."

"I am-"

"Oh!" Arren gasped, "Please don't take that as an invitation to tell me who you are. Because I honestly don't care."

"You will mind your tongue when speaking to me!" He stood abruptly, "I have tolerated your impudence long enough!"

Arren scoffed, "My impudence? And what about you, huh? Barging in here and telling us your intentions isn't rude? Give me a break." she turned away from him, shaking her head.

"Hey!" He grabbed her arm, whirling her back around. Without thinking, Arren drew her hand back and swung as hard as she could. Her hand stung as it made contact, snapping his head to the side. The hood fell from his head. Arren gasped, looking away. She pressed her fist to her lips to hide her grin. She tried to suppress her laugh, but it escaped, "You mock me!" He gripped her wrist tightly, "You dare mock me?"

Arren pulled away, laughing, "I'm sorry!"

"I could have you arrested!"  The prince snarled.

"But you won't." Arren looked down, trying not to laugh.

"Why shouldn't I?" He pulled her back towards him, glaring at her.

"Because now, we're even."