"The ancestors may hate me, but at the end of the day, there's not many good witches left in the world. You deserve peace, and I take care of my own." Rhea leant forward to touch Ariane's forehead to finish anointing her, only to instantly be overcome by a vision of what Ariane saw before she died. It's was as though the scene was in rewind at an almost impossible speed, starting from when Elijah came to kill the witch before flashes of what Ariane had seen in Elijah's head started to show.

"A trinket I made when we were children! A toy." Klaus.

The scene then cut to when Elijah arrived to see Ariane, "You found it. Which means you've come to kill me."

When the visions stopped, Rhea yanked her hand away from Ariane, horrified by what she had just witnessed. Grabbing her phone, she dialled Davina's number, her friend answered almost immediately— she knew that doing the spell she needed to do would be risky here, it was too open.

"Yeah, I'm gonna need you to do me a favour."

▽▲▽▲▽

"And you're sure that's what is is? Ok, ok, thanks Davina. I'll see you later." Rhea hung up the phone, shocked by the revelation. Turning, she saw Maddison in front of her with a suspicious expression.

"Anything you'd care to share with the group?" Rhea tried her hardest to remain calm and neutral faced, Maddison only continued to stare at her suspiciously.

"Come on, you know something. I can tell by the look on your face." The younger witch stated, Rhea simple smiled— fake, of course.

"We're Sisters now, right? If I knew anything, I'd be sure to tell you right away." Maddison gave her a look, clearly not believing her.

"I don't know about that. After all, the weapon that we're looking for will probably be used to wipe out a whole sireline, including some of your vampire friends..." She trailed off, referring to Josh and Marcel— the latter being considered Rhea's friend only on a good day.

"Sweetheart," Rhea started, taking a step towards the younger witch, "I don't think you know who you're talking to, but I've probably been around longer than your family tree. So I'd watch my tongue if I were you. I joined the Strix, same as you." Her voice was low and her eyes had an almost cat-like look to them, the way she narrowed her eyes made her look menacing.

"You're nothing like me. You actually believe Aya's going to make good on her promises?" Maddison scoffed, Rhea rolled her eyes.

"The difference being that Aya knows that should she not follow through on her promises, I will end her. Now, I'm not at my strongest right now, thanks to my deranged mother. Aya gave me the spell to bring back the one person I care for more than anything in the world, all I need now is the power. Rest assured, I will do whatever it takes to get it." Maddison seemed to be angered by Rhea's statement, but she also believed that Rhea was being naive.

"I was just a kid when I became a Sister. My family was poor, my mother was sick. All I wanted was to help them. And there was Aya, with all of her promises. By the time I finished doing everything she asked me, my own mother couldn't even stand the sight of me. See, Rhea, the magic we use here... it will change you. My guess is it'll be right after you've saved that person you care about. That's when you'll lose everything." Rhea rolled her eyes at the witch's dramatics, she had held power in her body that this kid couldn't imagine in her wildest dreams.

"You're wrong, and you're a child. Your choices led you here, you could've said no. Clearly, you didn't think of the consequences when you chose to join The Strix." Maddison didn't seem to take Rhea's words in, only focused on her goal.

"My choice is to leave this Coven, but first, you're gonna tell me what I need to know." She rushed towards Rhea, grabbing her head so that her palms are right over the older witch's temples. She started to search Rhea's mind, seeing flashbacks of Hope playing with the small wooden horse.

"Good, god." She dove back in again, seeing Klaus and Hayley argue about the scene not so long ago— visions that had come from Davina and then passed on to Rhea.

Rhea finally came to and threw Maddison off of her, blocking her out of her mind. Maddison acted quickly and knocked Rhea out with her magic, the latter falling limp on the floor. What Maddison didn't know, however, was that when she entered Rhea's mind— Rhea entered hers, and she knew she wasn't working for The Strix.

▽▲▽▲▽

"Did you warn Cami?" Rhea asked as she entered her apartment, Davina and Ares had been spending time in the apartment again, something she was glad of. She hated being alone.

"Yeah, it was too late though." Davina frowned before gesturing to the containers on the table, "We got you Chinese food."

Rhea grinned, "I knew there was a reason I liked having you around, Davina Claire." She noticed Ares' absence, "Where is my brother?"

"Marcel called, needed help with something, I guess." Davina shrugged, seeming evasive. Rhea nodded, not noticing her friends strange behaviour. Grabbing a fork, she tucked into the delicious food.

"You've been visibly happier lately, spill." Truth be told, Rhea hadn't told Davina or Ares about her trip into the ancestral plane and had sworn Josh to secrecy— she wasn't sure how they'd react to that.

"I saw Kol." Davina raised a brow, willing her to go on, "No, I didn't have some kinky dream or crazy hallucination, D. I needed to know if the spell Aya's offering is real, I crossed over into the ancestral plane."

"What?! Do you know how dangerous that is? They could've trapped you there!" Davina was visibly upset, Rhea and Ares had become her family, even the thought of losing them terrified her.

"I know, but please spare me the lecture for a second, the spell is real," she paused, "And I saw him, Kol. My Kol, with the face I know and have loved for so many centuries." She gushed, it still hadn't sunk in that she had seen him, but it made her all the more determined to bring him back for good.

Davina smiled, after seeing Rhea so down for so long, it was nice to see her have hope. She believed Rhea to be the bravest, strongest and most wonderful person she had ever met, and she knew that Rhea deserved nothing but pure unparalleled happiness.

"I just don't want you to get played by Aya," Davina confessed, "And I've been thinking, I know your magic is all out of whack, I also know that Aya wanted to recruit me once upon a time. So, I'm going to help."

Rhea frowned, "I'm not following?"

"I'm gonna do the spell to break the sire link, so that you have enough power to bring back Kol. Don't try and argue it, I've already spoken to Aya." Rhea was shocked at Davina's admission.

"No," she started, a sudden realisation came to her, "Ares isn't helping Marcel, is he? You two argued about you wanting to help me."

Davina avoided Rhea's eyes, confirming her suspicion.

"Rhea, you can't change my mind and neither can Ares. You're my best friend and I won't let you do this alone. Now, eat your damn Chinese food."

▽▲▽▲▽

This is such a bad chapter ugh,
it was just a filler though.

Question: how would you
like a Davina & Ares fic?

Until next time
Meg