Five ❆ Yuri Katsuki

❝ His piece ❞  

Yuri had grasped his phone on a whim for the first time in twelve months, miraculously, the dusty phone still had ten percent battery life left. Most likely from when Yuri turned it off fully to mute the notifications exploding on his accounts by his fan base. He looked at his screen, completely covered in notifications from his absence away from it.

He scrolled down and down right to the bottom and looked at all of them, originally a lot was on a multitude of programs from lots of different people, then eventually it was only his twitter and Instagram with two people, MinamiKenjirou_official took over his Instagram, commenting until recently on his last photo, every single day consistently: are you ok? Until finally, last month he commented, goodbye Yuri

Yuri looked at all of his twitter notifications, all of them, right before yesterday from OffcialNikiforov all random messages in his personal inbox, the final message, I'm skating for you tonight!

The ravenette found tears falling from his face, and brought his hands up to touch his soggy, red face. He covered his eyes as he looked around all at his posters in his room of Viktor. The famous skater, skated... for him? Yuri's fists clenched. It was probably a publicity stunt.

Yuri opened up his phone and typed his first tweet in a year: Hello everyone, you still haven't officially heard, have you? I'm paralyzed from the waist down.

Yuri closed the app and went to Instagram, and posted his first selfie. He looked at the picture skeptically, picking out every single noticeably insecurities he was about to show the world. He looked so tired and exhausted, sat emptily in his chair, black bags hanging under his eyes. He posted the same caption from twitter but expanded it. Hello everyone, you still haven't officially heard, have you? I'm paralyzed from the waist down. Feel free to unfollow any of my accounts, I'll probably use them for collecting my thoughts to help me deal with being overwhelmed like this. Sorry I haven't been myself this past year.

"YURI!" Mrs. Katsuki shrieked from the bottom of the corridor, "GET OVER HERE IMMEDIATELY, MINAKO  TOLD ME TO TURN ON THE NEWS AND SHOW YOU THIS!"

Yuri grumbled and turned off his phone, and wheeled through the now open door, down through narrow corridor bringing him down to the living room where his whole family was crowded around the tv, Minako joining them holding the remote on pause.

"Yuri!" Minako smiled warmly when she saw him, "it's been ages, how do you feel?"

"What do you think?" Was all that came out of Yuri's mouth, and Minako's expression dropped, "what's on the tv that you need to drag me out of my room for?" Yuri said through pursed lips.

Minako's smile came back again, wider than ever, "I re-winded it and everything, it's Viktor's newest piece with an interview afterward."

"Why should I care?" Yuri said bitterly.

"Just watch..." Minako said, hitting the play button. And as always when Yuri watched Viktor skate his eyes widened, the music like the beginning of Yuri's piece from months ago. And Viktor's DM to Yuri. This was... about him. He watched Viktor's dance, his phone pinging erratically in his pocket. He watched as Viktor displayed all of the emotions Yuri felt as he fell and more, the piece then lead to a finale of Viktor realizing he was in a chair for the rest of his life. Yuri gasped as he realized, Viktor became the music, just like Yuri did. And Viktor spun slowly, as the music ended.

Tear's fell down the ravenette's face again, and he wiped them away before his family could see. Then the interview played, and Yuri's hands covered his mouth which fell into a big 'O'. He listened to Viktor's soft words.

"Yuri Katsuki. Today's piece was haunting because I wasn't me, I became my inspiration and I became his emotions. I found it so haunting when I saw him fall down on the news later that night, I wanted to capture that raw fear, that feeling of failure you saw in his eyes. I didn't mean to disrespect him, of course, or use his situation to boost my popularity. I just wanted to skate a piece about someone who inspired me."  

Yuri smiled sadly. It wasn't a happy smile, but it was a start. Minako's eyes narrowed happily and she shot him a devious grin. God knows what that woman was planning.

  ❆