1

Before I begin this story, the book and title is based off the song "Dangerously" by Charlie Puth if you want to give that a listen ;) literarily my fave and repeat song of the moment. Ok carrying on
Skylar's POV

"That boy is trouble," mom says standing from the window. I grab my coffee mug and stand next to her to see what she's looking at. The new neighbors kid is outside yelling at his mom before he gets in his car and drives reckless down the street. Mom turns to me smiling, "Well at least I have a wonderful child that listens to me."

I give her a confused look. "I'm also your only child, so it makes it harder for me to not be in trouble." I say as she giggles. She stares at me as she moves my hair out of face.

"I know, and I'm grateful your a good child. Now, i'm warning you, your gonna stay away from that boy. You got that? No talking to him, no going over there, stay away." She says.

"Other then that little scene right there, he might be a good kid. We still haven't properly met them yet." I say to mom, but she sighs in a disappointment.

"Oh honey," She laughs again, "yesterday I saw that same little stunt being pulled. I was taking in the groceries and heard the whole argument. Needless to say, he almost took out our mailbox."

Reckless boy, that's what he is. But maybe he's going through a hard time right now and my mom is saying he's a bad kid. "Oh, and he has a lip rink. Total bad kid. Stay away, I mean it." Mom says as she walks up the stairs with the folded laundry in the basket.

I look out the window, and the mother of that boy is still out on them porch, this time she's with an older guy, probably her husband. I feel like new changes will be made to this neighborhood. This block is usually quiet for most, except for Michael next door. He throws parties when his parents and my mom goes away for the weekend, but he always ends up getting busted from the little old lady next door to Michael's house.

I text Michael that I was coming over, and I let my mom know so she won't freak. I open the door to the Clifford household, I never knock since i'm considered family to the Clifford's. Daryl's chilling on the couch watching the news. I stop by in the kitchen to grab food. I grab a new pint of chocolate cookie dough ice cream and two spoons and begin to go downstairs to Michael's "man cave." He sits on the black beanbag chair, focusing carefully on the Call Of Duty game.

"What's up, Clifford?" I ask as I open the ice cream.

"Shhh. I have to kill this dude... Crap he killed me. Nice going Sky." Michael says as he pauses the game and turns around to face me. I stick out my tongue in response and toss him a spoon. He sits next to me on the long black sofa as we eat the ice cream.

"Did you see the new guy next door?" I ask him.

"Yeah, he almost killed Cal." Michael says as my eyes go wide. "Yeah, Calum got out of his car and was walking to the driveway and that dumb ass didn't stop, but luckily Calum made it onto the driveway."

I shake my head.