Chapter one

Chapter 1

You better watch out. Santa is coming to town......

Kids these days. They don't believe in Santa Claus anymore. They won't even dare send letters to the North Pole. Let me sigh. Kids.

I walk to school while humming jingle bells. I can't wait until it's that time of the year. It's December and everyone is waiting for the best holiday, Christmas. I hope this year, a lot of kids would send a lot of letters to the North Pole. Last year, my dad was surprise that only a hundred kids send letters to the North Pole. Oh, did I tell you my dad was Santa Claus? Surprise huh? In tales of my dad, they never actually mention anything about me on anywhere since I always put on a low profile about myself.

Whenever it is close to Christmas, my dad and the elves are always busy. Sometimes I help. They always gather letters and make a check list of toys. That is where I came in. I volunteer to help in reading letters and check from the list while my friends,the elves,are preparing to make toys. Sometimes, my friends have to make random toys for the kids who didn't send out letters. That just happen last year. The elves have a terrible headache when they try to figure out what toy is for who. So, my dad sends me out to the world and encourage kids to write for my dad. Really, this sounds hilarious, but I'm telling the truth. It has been eleven months since then.

"Sarah!" Ella scream when she sees me waking in front through the front entrance.

I look at her and smile,"Hey, Ella."

Ella looks at me in an excited way. She was jumping up and down,"Sarah! Come with me!" She takes my arm and pull me to the news board. She points to the board.

| WINTER BALL DANCE |

Have fun and dance with your beloved on WINTER BALL! Come and join us for a celebration of Christmas! It begins at DECEMBER 24 at 7:00pm! Dress your outfits and show them what you got! Make memories before the break! (Etc. etc.)

I look at Ella and smile,"Winter Ball? How nice,Ella!"

Suddenly,Ella gives me a weird look.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked her.

"Sarah, how could you say 'winter ball' and 'how nice,Ella'? Aren't you excited like I am?" Ella answer. I just stare at her. Why would I be excited for the ball? Helping my dad deliver presents to kids was way better than some loud music booming and people dancing. I really dislike loud noises, even at home. At home, I try to block out the machine noises when my friends was trying to make toys for kids around the world.

"Ella, you know I don't like noises. I can't come to the Dance during December 24. I have an appointment with my dad," I said with an I-am-sorry expression. Ella sigh.

"Sarah, I know your appointment your dad is very special to you, but can you please at least have time to go to the dance with me?" she said as she drag me out of the crowd.

I give her my worry expression, "Ella, I can't do that. I forgot to mention that my dad lives far away. It will take me some hours to go there. That is why I can't come." To make that even worst, my dad lives in North Pole. That's far from here.

"Ugh!" she said,"ok, I surrender. Let's talk another time." She decides to quit. When problems are too hard to solve, she stops everything and solve it another time. That is how her minds works. When problems are too hard to solve, just move on. That's her motto. I am quite surprise when I first met her.

I look up at the schools digital clock. Only three more minutes until the first period bell rings. I look at Ella,"Ella, three more minutes! We should get going!" We run until we get to our first period. We both have classes together in first and last period, so we see each other from morning till the end. We get to out our seats before the bell rings. Whew, we are safe.

------

At lunch, I couldn't find Ella. I look around. No luck. I couldn't find her anywhere. Where could she be? I was about to go outside and eat until someone grab me on the arms. I turn around and saw Ella. Her eyes twinkle.

"Sarah! I was looking for you! Where have you been?"Ella ask. I tilted my head to one side.

"Well, come on! " she pulls me to a table where the two boys was sitting. One of the boys has blonde hair while other has dark black hair. I felt like I seen them before. Maybe it's my imagination.

"Sorry, Chad, Jason. My friend over here was lost somehow," she said and pull me down to sit. I look at her and have a silent conversation with her,but she never gets it.

"Ella, can you please explain to me?" I ask.

Ella smiles and introduce,"He's Chad." Chad,the blondie gives me a smile and wave. I guess the other one is Jason. "And that's Jason. Everyone, this is my friend, Sarah."

I smiles,"Nice to meet you." Then, I turn to Ella,"can we go now? I can't take it anymore."

Ella gives a aw-do-we-have-to-go-now look.

"Ok, I go," I said and pick up my lunch box. Who has lunch box in high school,anyway?

Suddenly, Ella looks worry,"You sure you want to go on without me?"

I nod and smile at her. Then, I walk towards the garden inside the school and sit at the bench. As I sit down, my face went pale. I feel sick. At lunch, they serve a lot of meat. I can't take meat. You can say I am vegetarian. Meat always reminds me of poor Rudolph and his friends. I open my lunch box. Salad, cookies, melon bread, crackers, grapes, and a juice. I smile. Nanny,you are the best! I started eating.

---------------

MESSAGE FROM SILVERBAR18:

Hey! Hope you love this Christmas story! First chapter is not always interesting, so can you please read the next one if it updates? Please? Hope you like it! Please comment or suggest an advice. Thanks!