Chapter 1

‘No! Come on! We’ll just fly down to Jeju for the day tomorrow and then we’ll fly back in the evening! We’ll have enough time, Izzy! I promise!!’ you insist, pulling frustratedly on your friend’s arm as you navigate the busy streets of Seoul, trying to remember from the brief glance of the google maps you’d taken earlier, where you were meant to turn off next to get to the subway station. 

'But Y/N, you know how crazy concerts get here! If we’re going to get a good spot, we’re going to need to get to the venue early! We just wont have enough time!’ She protests, but you’d finally had enough of her negative attitude, stopping dead in the middle of the path and turning to face her. 

'Look, we’re not going to get anything done with that pessimistic attitude of yours. So, will you just trust me to make sure we get to the concert- a.k.a the number one reason why we’re on holiday here in the first place?’ you ask, widening your eyes in question, but before she can issue an answer, you get jolted against the building next to you, slamming harshly against the wall and grumbling when the brick bites at your arm, leaving faint white scratches against your skin. 

'Hey, watch where you’re-' 

'Joesonghamnida! Joesonghamnida!’ a deep voice quickly says, the apologetic tone making you turn to face the person and your retort gets caught in your throat as you stare at the boy, his candyfloss coloured hair and his wide eyes catching you off guard and stunning you into silence. 

'Oh, I mean- I’m sorry, I didn’t mean-’ You frown at him in confusion as he quickly switches to English upon seeing the confusion on your face and your obnoxiously obvious foreign features. 

Your mind is so caught up in trying to work out how he’d immediately switched to near perfect english, that you dont realise him looking at you in concern, his hand reaching out unsurely to brush your arm that had taken the brunt of your fall, his touch startling you. 

'Are you…are you okay?’ he stutters, dipping his head to try and catch your eye and you nod quickly, shaking yourself out of your moment of stasis. 

'Yeah, uh, yeah, i’m fine. Kamsamnida.’ you stutter, tripping over the foreign word as all of the fast-track korean lessons you’d had over the past year, flee your mind. At least your poor pronunciation made him smile, you think as you watch him unsurely, feeling a smile pull at your own lips as you wait for him to respond, half expecting him to just walk off and being surprised when he doesn’t. 

'You’re welcome. But, are you sure you’re okay? You look like you’ve hurt your arm.’ he says, his english becoming more accented the longer he speaks and you cant help but grin at this fact, looking down at your scratched and slightly red arm, before looking back up at him, seeing the smile etched on your face being mirrored on his own, although his eyebrows are pulled together slightly as he reaches out to hold your arm, gently running his fingertips over your skin and making you shiver at the feeling. 

'I’m fine, really! Gwenchana!’ you reply, making him chuckle and you quickly hide your arm by rolling down the sleeve of your t-shirt. 

'Well okay… I still feel bad about hurting you though…maybe I could make it up to you?’ he asks, looking slightly nervous as he says the words, glancing subtly at Izzy who was stood next to you, smirking to herself as the two of you spoke. 

'Ugh, sure! What were you thinking?’ you ask, biting your lip out of nervousness and seeing him blush, clearing his throat slightly as his eyes flicker to catch the movement. 

'Um, Keopi- I mean, Coffee?’ he asks, crossing his arms as he waits anxiously for your answer, but out of excitement, he’s not waiting long. 

'That would be great!’ you say, blushing when you realise how quickly you’d answered and how loud your voice was, looking nervously around, before realising something.

'How will I-' 

'Can I have your number?’ he asks, cutting you off, and you smile shyly as you nod, taking his phone from him when he offers it to you and trying not to smirk at his background of Jay-Z as you type in your number. 

'Here.’ you say as you hand back his phone, not missing the way he smiles at the screen, before saving the number and tucking his phone back into his pocket. 

'Great! Well, I guess i’ll catch up with you later? Sorry, I’m really late for something, which is why I crashed into you just now.’ he explains, grinning at you. 

'Sure, I’ll see you later.’ you murmur shyly, grinning back at him, and your knees almost buckle when he bites his lip and raises his eyebrows excitedly- albeit slightly suggestively, before bowing to you and Izzy, and walking off. 

'Well…’ Izzy says as you watch him walk away, blushing when he glances back at you and smirks before turning the corner at the end of the street. 

’…looks like you’re getting laid tonight.’ she laughs, dragging you away, and you shout at her as you reluctantly follow, trying to calm your racing heart as the two of you carry on walking, your outlook on the day suddenly being a lot brighter than when you stepped out of the door that morning…

(T.B.C)