Library

I left my bag to one side of the table and took a book out, the library was quite empty except from two other classmates who were by the table nearby.

"Thought you would be late!" someone said sitting on the chair in front of me.

Fratboy, why would I be late anyway? I thought he would be late.

But he's cute, dumb but cute.

"So, are you good with essays?" I asked, looking at him as he laughed, taking a book from his backpack.

"Not really, but I figured you were" he said with a smirk.

Why on earth did I think it would be any different, of course he doesn't know how to write essays, I don't even know why he's in this class to begin with.

"That's fucking convenient" I quietly said, he looked at me a little bit annoyed, then he let out a sigh followed by a big breath.

"Im sorry, Im better with poetry" he quietly said, looking down at his book.

Poetry? Fratboy is better with poetry? Well I guess nothing's what it seems.

You still don't know his name.

Oh that's right, I haven't even asked for his name, well the dumbass hasn't said it either, he should have said it when we first met.

"Uhm... what's your name by the way?" I asked with a smile.

"Randall" he took a pause "Boggess" he said with a kind smile.

"Okay Randall, let's get down to business" I said getting closer with my chair to his, leaning on my book and his.

We started with the basic stuff, easy things that we see on the news, I began to explain to him a few things, he looked at me with hunger to know more, I never thought Randall was that type of guy, he looks like the jackass that lets their partners do the work and get good grades on other's effort.

I took my laptop out of my bag and opened a blank page on word, I gave Randall some tasks to search on his laptop for information so I could begin writting the essay. Suddenly someone who entered the library caught my attention, Randall kept on reading out loud what he found but I lost it as soon as the guy came in.

Wow he looks more decent now.

It was one of my classmates, the cute one, but he now was without the hoodie and wearing a black slim tshirt. His eyes met mine and he smiled, for no reason I waved.

I waved? Are you fucking kidding me? I don't even know the kid.

His hair was now fixed up, he probably went to the bathroom and watered a little bit so it won't look that messy. I followed him with my sight until he sat on a table about five metters away from our table.

"So? Is it good?" Randall said as I looked at him confused.

I didn't hear a thing he said, I should probably just be honest with him.

"I'm sorry I was paying attention to something else" or someone, but something definitely works too.

"Oh, okay well... I think it's good" he smiled as I nodded.

We stayed at the library for a couple of minutes more, I tried to focus on our work but I kept looking to the cute guy's table, he didn't notice though, he was too busy working on whatever he was working on. We finished and we both got up from the table. I really wanted to talk to the cute guy, or at least know his name so I told Randall I needed to borrow a book from the library that we'll finish the essay tomorrow. He said goodbye and left.

I slowly walked towards his table, turning right on the book shelf behind him. "Adventure" was written above so I looked for a book to read while peeking on the cute guy. For a minute I lost sight of him, I thought he was gone when I suddenly saw him on the other side of the hall apparently looking for a book to read.

I found "The Maze Runner" so I took it, I took a quick look at it when I felt his prescence right next to mine, I didn't look at him because I was nervous.

Just talk to him dammit!

No but I can't just talk to him, it's easier to think than to act, good luck for me he was waiting for me to look at him so I did. I kindly lifted my sight just to catch him looking at me.

"That's a really good book" he said with a smile.

"It... it is" I nervously said.

I could feel my cheeks turning red, why am I so nervous? Randall is a hot cute pie too but I didn't feel this way around him, why is this guy making me blush so much? I mean he is cute but damn I can barely start a conversation with him.

"Do you like adventure books?" he asked, peeking on the other two books I had in my hands.

"Y-yeah you could say that" I said giggling.

"You might like this one then" he took a book from the book shelf and gave it to me, I looked at him in the eyes and smiled, taking it.

"Thanks" I said.

Thanks? Just thanks? What an asshole I am.

"I'm Grant" he said shaking my hand.

For a second I forgot even my name of how nervous I was, I looked at his hand and then looked at him again, I wanted to tell him my name but my mind was empty, no thoughts were there, I felt like an idiot.

"And you are...?" he insisted, noticing I was just standing there.

"Anna" I quickly answered "Anna..." I repeated now more calm.

"It's nice to meet you Anna" he said as we shook hands.

We remained in silence for a couple of seconds, I tried to asked him something else but I just couldn't, it felt so awkward that I waited for him to start with a subject.

"I believe we have history, together?" he asked as I nodded.

"Y-yeah I don't think we have ever spoken though" I said.

I don't think we have ever spoken, well duh, OBVIOUSLY.

"Right" he laughed "But now we are, aren't we?" he said.

"Right" I said embarrassed.

His phone rang and he took it out of his pocket, it looked like a text message. He put it back on his pocket and then looked at me again.

"I got to bounce but hey, I'll see you around" he nicely said waving and leaving.

"See ya" I said following him with my eyes.

Damn he's so cute, and kind, how did I have such cute classmate and I just noticed him now? I must look around more often.

I took the books with me and walked out the library. On my way to the parking lot I saw Randall with his group of friends, they weren't our classmates, they probably study something else on the campus, but they all looked like Randall, like fucking football players part of a dumbass fraternity. Not that I don't like fraternities but... I'm not really into those things. Especially because I haven't moved into the campus, I feel more comfortable living with my mom near the campus than to live in a apartment full of students making parties and making loud noises until who knows when.

I'm not a boring person I swear, I like parties but not as often as others do, I also enjoy my bed, my wide room. No roomates, no noises. It's easier to study and be alone.