You belong to the Cosmos - it is small and yet it is..

"I have noticed that when all the lights are on, people tend to talk about what they are doing – their outer lives. Sitting round in candlelight or firelight, people start to talk about how they are feeling – their inner lives. They speak subjectively, they argue less, there are longer pauses. To sit alone without any electric light is curiously creative. I have my best ideas at dawn or at nightfall, but not if I switch on the lights – then I start thinking about projects, deadlines, demands, and the shadows and shapes of the house become objects, not suggestions, things that need to done, not a background to thought, what say?" asked Vanessa directing all her focus into Z's galactic star sculpted eyes. She seemed to have more freckles on her skin than the stars in the night sky, and if someone touched her, they would probably have seen the universe.   

Suddenly Zafyra interrupted the still mortal figure of Vanessa; who was already in the middle of her deep - dived penance, and exclaimed, "We look like we are in a song!"  

Vanessa did not seem to pay attention. She seemed to be still caught in her awe - struck web of beauty, but she couldn't let Zafyra feel she was inattentive so she replied, "Life is short, but eternity isn't. The afterlife you are given, is supposed to be utilized in getting to know all the things that have a parity to the unknown, to feel them to the core atom of your mortal body and immortal soul. Things that seemed awful in your entire life, you'll know - sometimes awful things have their own kind of journey."  

 Zaf seemed to be solving a puzzle she was never introduced. She yelled out, "You know what? sometimes I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU!!!" 

  Vanessa seemed to smile a smile so bright that could light up the whole town, she liked teasing Zafyra. She said, "Don't worry, I assure you, in this wreck - bounded journey of yours, You have me. Until every last star in the galaxy dies. You have me. Anyways, you know Blackout Poetry?"

  Zafyra pulsed out and said, "On it!!" 

"Are you done? are you done? what'd you get? I'm dying to read out mine!!!, said Zafyra, fluctuating sparks out of her body, she was extremely good at it and couldn't wait to show her skill to Vanessa

 Vanessa said, "Almost, but I'd love to hear yours. You are so menacingly excited; your's must be stupendous!!" 

"You bet! Anyways here it is : 'Rose water bleeds from the cracks in your veins, for the love you hold dear is spotted with pain. I fell in love with a fairy with petals for wings, a being of cherished and forgotten things.' There you go," said Z satisfyingly. 

"Hmm. Impressive. My turn : 'Petals pour from your cherry back hair, your lovely heart on your sleeve you bare. You are a flower girl handing out smiles, please pretty flower girl will you stay for a while?' Eww thats gross! I can't do this for shit. Your's was far better. Will you teach me pretty please?" pleaded Vanessa.

"Bullshit. Thats not true. It was pretty good actually, and yeah I could teach you, but not now. I'm hella tired. Lets just sleep." Zafyra let out a huge, noisy yawn. Her eyelids had spread its shelters and clumsiness took over her body.

Vanessa could not have afforded to let go this splendid hour slip off so easily, so to keep Z awake, she pointed out, "You got any cute date ideas??" 

"Huh? You mean date Date?" 

"Yes Date DATE!!"

"A rainy, yet cozy afternoon in autumn, flea market, tea, planetarium, the universe above u -" as Vanessa interrupted and suggested, "You holding my hand??"

"You! -" and Zafyra's each atom and molecule seemed to flow down in laughter like a clear steam of river; filtered without any impurity and divine. 

Vanessa had neither implored nor explored this alumni of Zafyra ever. She was so amazed to see Zafyra laugh like never before. She could not have missed this sight, it seemed like the purpose of her life had been fulfilled. All this time when she had given up on this slag filled world, it seemed like the heavens above had kept her alive just to witness this scene. Her lips resembled the oysters of the waters deep down, and her teeth looked like pearls as they shattered down the mortal string of desire. It was a sin; she felt like even though she dies at the moment, she could have wanted nothing more, yet she wanted to live longer. Long enough to witness and unveil the veiled parts of Zafyra; infact wanted to be her first and last. She did not want this night to end soon, she wanted to inscribe these moments in the chamber of her heart forever ; so that she could cherish them for a lifetime and even in the aftermath of their lives. She wanted to be a part of every battlefield Zafyra steps into and every war she partakes in. She built up some confidence and lent a hand to her. 

Zafyra, without any hesitation and inquisitiveness, kept her hand on top of  Nessa's and got up. "Care for a dance?" asked Vanessa. "Sure!" happily, said Zafyra.

They ran out of their tents and stood still quite for a minute under the full moon night which was accompanied by a millions of stars that were well preserved as audience. Slowly and carefully, Vanessa placed her cold hands on Z's waist and Z with the same trust and faith placed her hands on V's shoulders and their feet started tapping and very slowly they took up the pace of the music that the earth provided; they seemed to quite accustomed to that. Slowly as the hours slipped by, Zafyra had already fallen asleep, leaning on Vanessa's shoulders; but her feet didn't. They were still dancing, just caught unawares. They had found their homes in each other and were always grateful enough.

It was soon getting cold and the cool breeze started to take its daily rounds, the sky was returning in its original hue, the mist started to clear and everything was getting clear again, things were starting to make sense. That, was the heck of a night. Zafyra's skin gave off goosebumps and legs started to tremble. Vanessa took of her bomber and swiftly put it across Zafy. Ness took Zaf inside the tent and took to every need of a comfortable bed and a soulful sleep for Zafyra. V caressed Z's forehead and planted a kiss above it, like painting the stars across the sky. 

THAT, was their first sin, the sin of giving into their desires, the sin of temptation, the sin of loathe, disaster, calamity and destruction. The sin that is above all sins - the mundanes call it LOVE.