NINE

Alden

"Babe wake up." I hear Maine whisper in my ear.

"Five minutes babe. It's still early." I mumbled on the pillow.

"No babe, I cannot wait five minutes, wake up." She said, shaking my shoulder.

"Please, just five minutes." I begged her. I haven't been sleeping well the past week and every time I feel like I can sleep, I grab the chance.

I must have dozed off again when Maine calmly shakes my shoulder trying to wake me up.

"Babe,  wake up.  I need you to wake up babe." She is shaking me harder this time. "Babe, it's time."

"What?  What do you mean it's time?"  I sit up abruptly and look at her wide eyed.

"We are going to meet our baby soon."  She beamed at me.

"You,  you mean you are in labor now?"  I asked her.  I check the digital clock and realized it is already six in the morning.

My heart is beating so fast, I think it went up to my head. Oh God! We are delivering our baby today!

"Yes babe,  I've been having contractions for almost an hour now."  She tells me nonchalantly.

"Sursmaryosep naman babe!  Why didn't you wake me up sooner?"  I immediately jump out of the bed and started putting my pants on, almost tripping, grabbing my shirt from the closet, I grab my phone from the credenza and the baby bag we prepared by the door and rushed out of the room.

"Alice! Alice!" I yelled as soon as I reached the foot of the stairs.

"Sir RJ? Ano pong nangyayari?"  Alice asked.

"Mangananak na si Maine! Si Mark sabihin mo ihanda na yung sasakyan!" I yelled. 

I saw Lisa and Dina coming out of the kitchen too.

"Yes Sir, sige po. Ah, sir?" She look at me like I've grown horns on my head.

"Ano?"

"Asan po si Ma'am?" She asked.

"Andi.." I turned around and didn't find my wife behind me. "Shit!"

"Tatawagin ko na po si Mark." She smiled and turned her back at me.

I run up the stairs again, taking two steps at a time. I am out of breath! Upon entering our bedroom, I found Maine in front of her vanity table, putting her hair up in a bun. She has changed into a mustard yellow tube maxi dress, showing off her very pregnant belly and  looks so hot and sexy!

Damn!

How can she do that?

Also, she looks so calm and peaceful and... so happy!

How can she do that!

"You finally remembered to get me." She teased.

"I am so sorry babe. I am just so nervous and anxious and overly excited!" I exclaimed.

"Babe, I need you to calm down okay? I need you to have a clear head." She cup my face with her hand and gave my lips a quick kiss.