Chapter 8: War of Love

My hands were nervously shaking as I took few steps on the short stairs to the main entrance of my brother's mansion. Seeing my brother for the first time in 2 years can be exciting yet at the same time nervous. I know it's just Vandel, but it feels different this way.

Someone pats my back as Louis appeared at my side, giving me a reassuring look before I press the doorbell button.

After doing that, the door swings open to see the person's familiar face that I haven't seen for a couple of years. To be honest, he really has changed a lot.

His hair was now jet black that has been swept in sideways, and his lips deliberately formed into a smile. He also had a little facial hair on his jaw. He was just wearing a plain white t-shirt and some sweatpants on.

I couldn't make up any words to say that I keep opening and closing my mouth to speak. Come on Val, say something.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I smiled at him,"Hey Vandel."

His eyes lit up, still smiling,"Valerie?" He raised his arms up as he enveloped me into a hug,"I'm so glad to see you here."

"So do I," Tears started to form in my eyes as my voice went croak,"It's been 2 years, Van."

He gently pulled away as he cupped my cheeks,"Don't cry Val, it really hurts when I see you cry."

I laughed faintly,"I miss how you would always say that to me. I thought you've changed."

"Just the hair, actually,"He stated  pulling me to his chest as we hug again for another few minutes.

After what seemed like forever, we pulled away and his eyes were on the person at my side, looking intently at Louis.

His eyes was shifting from Louis to mine and then mine to Louis,"Care to explain on who's this guy?"

I rolled my eyes, cackling,"I thought everyone would recognise this guy everywhere. His name is Louis Tomlinson."

"THE Louis Tomlinson of One Direction?" He repeats, furrowing his eyebrows.

I nodded in confirmation,"Yes, Vandel, and don't react yet. He's just-"

"A boyfriend," Louis blurted out of the blue when he cut me off.

Wait, what did he just said?

I glanced at Louis and gave me a wink, making me blush. What the actual fuck is he trying to do?

If he's putting a stupid stunt on me then I'm not satisfied about it.

I shot him a glare and a 'what kind of stunt are you putting up?' look to him. He ignored my face and was just looking at my brother with that smirk plastering on his face.

I am so going to kill him.

I put up a fake smile to Vandel, looking so surprise as I am, and I glanced quickly at Louis, glaring at him shortly as I go back to my brother,"Anyway, I'll explain everything later. Can we just come in or something?"

He nodded without removing his eyes on Louis as we step inside his mansion. I took one last glance at Louis before I sit next to Vandel on the white sofa.

"So," He puffed out some air from his cheeks as he spoke,"What brings you here?"

"Actually, my boyfriend right here convinced me to come here and see you," I gazed at Louis with a fake smile and went back to Vandel.

He furrowed his eyebrows, looking towards Louis,"Is it true?"

"Yep, I'm her boyfriend and I'll do whatever it takes to make her happy."